Quantcast

Rides in the Enterprise / Joseph areas in Eastern Oregon???

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Headed to Joseph, OR for a four day respite over Thanksgiving. Anyone know some good XC, AM, or DH rides in that area? I know much of the USFS land there is designated Wilderness, but there has to be some decent tracks to be had? I'll be taking my AM bike, so I'm open to everything. I'll be riding up even if a shuttle is available.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I'm a respectful rider and won't share trail info with the whole internet, so if you have some recs that aren't for public consumption, but would be okay to pass on to a fellow monkey, it would be much appreciated via PM.

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I'm not much help in regards to bike trails down in the area. But I was down there this summer for a backpacking trip, and on our way out of town we stopped at the Terminal Gravity brewery to enjoy a pitcher of their IPA and some food. I highly suggest it if you are in the area to stop in and grab one of their IPAs

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm sorry, I'm not much help in regards to bike trails down in the area. But I was down there this summer for a backpacking trip, and on our way out of town we stopped at the Terminal Gravity brewery to enjoy a pitcher of their IPA and some food. I highly suggest it if you are in the area to stop in and grab one of their IPAs
Definitely on the agenda. I've been there as well, also on a backpacking trip, and it is a great brewpub. Good food, and the TGIPA (my favorite) is even better fresh out of the brewery tap! Thanks for the recommendation, though; I'd hate to think that any self-respecting beer enthusiast would come within 50 miles of Enterprise and not stop there.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Last spring my girlfriend and I rode the Imnaha River trail in Hells Canyon. It was actually a really flowy, almost swoopy trail. Both of us had a lot of fun. No climbs, steep decents, or anything technical, but still a real good time. I think its about 5 miles out and back along the Imnaha until it meets the Snake, with some old mines to check out on the way. I rode my Soul Titan w/ 6" fork and 32t ring.