Quantcast

Riders Tan

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
So this week has been BEAUTIFUL here in Maryland. Mid to upper 70's all week. So my ride schedule this week has been

Sun 30miles - Road Bike
Mon 45miles - Road Bike
Tue Off
Thur 45miles - Road Bike
Fri 16miles - Mountain Bike
Sat Off
Sun 45min + 2 Crit Race

Well all this road riding has really hooked my up with a pretty riders tan. I take my cloths off and I look like they are still on only white.

Anyone else have the problem yet? I was thinking about jumping into a tanning bed to help even out the lines?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
konabumm said:
Anyone else have the problem yet? I was thinking about jumping into a tanning bed to help even out the lines?
While this is happening to me, I don't really think of it as a "problem." So you've got some tan lines. So what? :cool:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yossarian said:
Riders tan almost ruined my modeling career. Get yourself to a tanning bed NOW!
i've heard that farmers have patent on sleeve tan lines. Better to take care of it before a possible lawsuit if filed.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I have a year round riders tan. I think it's permanent now, it never goes away. I look like a goof at the pool for my swimming.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I used to always have really tan arms and really white hands from wearing gloves.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Heidi said:
I have a year round riders tan. I think it's permanent now, it never goes away. I look like a goof at the pool for my swimming.

oh- it can get worse:

tan lines form knee warmers

tan lines form baggies

tan lines from yer speedo

yup. oh- to top it off- i think i've got tan lines from flipflops.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
slowSSer said:
oh- it can get worse:
Well, for guys it's simple, your shorts aren't short. MY shorts aren't baggy and long like most guys wear so I look silly with the short tan line.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Potroast88 said:
been a competitive swimmer for 22 of my 28 years of life. swimming gets my competitive urges out, allows me to keep drinking beer without turning into jabba the hut, and I just plain like it. most dont understand.

hell, the main reason i have a road bike is triathlons, and coming from a swimming background does have its advantages, as most tri geeks come from a running background.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
slowSSer said:
been a competitive swimmer for 22 of my 28 years of life. swimming gets my competitive urges out, allows me to keep drinking beer without turning into jabba the hut, and I just plain like it. most dont understand.

hell, the main reason i have a road bike is triathlons, and coming from a swimming background does have its advantages, as most tri geeks come from a running background.
Yeah, I kinda figured that. I was just messing with you. You've got bigger balls than me to put one of those things on. And you're obviously not afraid to show em off!! :D

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
MMike said:
Or after you go out in the sun, you come home and shave your back....back hair tan lines are no good....

wow. this just got gross

(from the guy who posted about speedo tan lines. :nope: )

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
its funny because everyone always asks why my hands are ghost white and my arms are really dark. that, and now the spot where my ass/back hangs out of my shirt/shorts is tan, and not the rest so ive got a tan stripe on my back.