Quantcast

Ride of Silence hypocrisy

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Dude. Why do you let him yank you around? :think:
If he wants someone to tell him that he is the piece of trash that he is, I'll oblige.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
H8R said:
Bullsh1t.

Hypothetically:

If I'm STOPPED at a stop sign, waiting my turn on my bike, and another rider blows by me and runs the stop sign, they take their own life in their hands. My being STOPPED and waiting my turns says everything I need to say.
QUOTE]
In the example you are perfectly correct, by the time you realize another rider has blow by you...bam he or she is hit it's to late to say anything. Point is when I'm riding with a group (for example) and people in the group blow the stop on purpose without getting hit I say something when I catch back up. maybe the fact that somebody cares about it in some way cause the situation to not be repeated. If they continue to do it I inform them that I may not be riding with them in the future. If that doesn't get them to think a little, well then there is always Darwin. Same issue with helmets and riders that will not use them on rides. I'm not the safety police but I will say something and ask them to get one on or excuse themselves from the ride if they can't or won't. I will not ride with them. If said rider tries to poach the ride anyway I pretty much inform them they are on their own. Same thing on the road, follow the rules or your on your own. It's not just about safety it's also about being considerate of anothers time. Don't risk somebody else's time by being a dumba$$ on purpose.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, you know I have an opinion.

The whole ride of silence idea is stupid anyway. Sure, its good to honor people who have died, but come on... parading in silence for those killed riding bicycles like they were soldiers in battle? To me, there isnt anything necessarily valiant or virtuous about riding a bicycle in traffic, or dying that way. In fact, I feel absolutely no more respect for those who died riding bikes, than those who die in regular traffic accidents.
If I thought for a second that this type of thing wouldnt have turned into a critical mass retard fest, then MAYBE, I could give it a chance for the sake of cycling awareness, but as we see here...it simply was not to be.
Loco, good on you man. I break traffic laws alot, but I dont think Im justified in doing it, I just dont care. If I got caught or bitched at, Id concede that I was wrong.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
If he wants someone to tell him that he is the piece of trash that he is, I'll oblige.
Put him on ignore man. His kind NEVER listen or learn. And like you said, there are many people here, including me who would welcome you into their home and be stoked to ride with you. I don't think MC can say the same, at least not about anyone here. (Something tells me he alienates people on a regular basis)

The guy is a tool, he's proved that over and over again. We can only hope he crosses the line and gets banned. If not it's OK, because this is all I ever hear from him...

MisterClean said:
This message is hidden because MisterClean is on your ignore list.
I never click on View Post and he's never coming off ignore. The only time I read his posts is when somone quotes him. This makes him much more tolerable. And if I ever see him on the trail we won't even recognize each other... he'll be flying past me going uphill, and I'll be passing his ass going downhill. Screw him.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I run stop signs/red lights only when appropriate (eg, no cars). It really confuses me when I roll up to a 4-way and a car gets there first, yet they try to wave me through. Half the time I give them a "wtf" look.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
blue said:
I run stop signs/red lights only when appropriate (eg, no cars). It really confuses me when I roll up to a 4-way and a car gets there first, yet they try to wave me through. Half the time I give them a "wtf" look.
Or when you get there first and they wave you through like it's some sort of favor...

:clue:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
stinkyboy said:
Or when you get there first and they wave you through like it's some sort of favor...

:clue:
That happens too...I always have the people nearly mowing me down whilst turning/coming out of a 2 way stop.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I didn't bother with the whole thread, but I agree Loco. You were right in what you said and when. Those people sound like a dog that pooped in the livingroom... if you wait, they won't understand why you're attempting to discipline them.

As for a-holes like some of the posters here, just ignore them.

"I break traffic laws alot, but I dont think Im justified in doing it, I just dont care. If I got caught or bitched at, Id concede that I was wrong." ~ BS
-- agreed. Screw society.

That said, I don't others in a dangerous situation, not that BS does either.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I bet $5k, my cat, my girlfriend, and my pair of flipflops that I can beat anyone on this board to the top of Mt. Everest with a Trek Madone.

You're all worthless pansyassed huckie duckies if you can't ride a Madone to the top of Everest.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
blue said:
I bet $5k, my cat, my girlfriend, and my pair of flipflops that I can beat anyone on this board to the top of Mt. Everest with a Trek Madone.

You're all worthless pansyassed huckie duckies if you can't ride a Madone to the top of Everest.
Well, clearly a mass start is out of the question so it'll have to be run as a time trial. Why don't you go and set your time and we'll try and beat it?