Quantcast

Reward

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
So someone decided to rip off my bike (as well as several others)from the UW today between 3 and 4 pm while i was in school. It is a fairly unique bike so it i am hoping someone might see it around or hear something....

04 black turner rail w/pushed float R
04 all black Z1
321's on black hadleys
race face atlas cranks black
black thomson post and stem
hope mono 4 brakes

$200 reward
david 425 444 1668

Thanks

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
trailhacker said:
You locked up that bike at the UW?!?!?!
The impression I have gotten from people is if your going ride a bike and lock it up at the UW, make it something you don't mind losing?
that is the impression that i got from the cop as well (all 4 of them). It was against a window at the computer science building loby that is always full of people, middle of the day, and no logos or brand names on any parts just all flat black. It was always in the back of my mind but I dont have a total beater nor more garage space for another bike.....

My bad

but......It is still against the f'n law!!!

You would think that since the UW is so anti-car (you essentially cannot park at school) that they might provide a secure lock-up for bikes (ski check style).

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
I will keep on the look out in craigslist and the local pawn shops for ya! My friends bike was stolen and like a month later his mom saw it in a pawn shop window like 2 blocks from his house where it was stolen, hopefully you have the same luck with finding yours! Friend of mine said he knew a guy who took all his decals off of his downhill bike and painted it really ugly and left it unlocked and it never got stolen...just an idea perhaps

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
davep said:
that is the impression that i got from the cop as well (all 4 of them). It was against a window at the computer science building loby that is always full of people, middle of the day, and no logos or brand names on any parts just all flat black. It was always in the back of my mind but I dont have a total beater nor more garage space for another bike.....

My bad

but......It is still against the f'n law!!!

You would think that since the UW is so anti-car (you essentially cannot park at school) that they might provide a secure lock-up for bikes (ski check style).
SPU is pretty pro-car, and anti-bike, but that doesn't stop either from getting jacked all of the time, even from the bike cages (crappy security :mumble: ). I'll keep a lookout.