Quantcast

Reverb strain relief dimensions

Balgaroth

Chimp
Oct 22, 2021
Alsace (FR)
Hello everyone,

I am looking at droppers that could fit my GF's bike (Liv/Giant are a massive pain in the balls) which has a stupid kink in the seat tube and makes this a very annoying task. So far the only 2 droppers that could fit the bill is the KS Lev Integra and the Reverb C1, but as with everything MTB these days, stock is shit. Now I have doubts with the Reverb C1 since in the 30.9/100mm version it is advertised as 300mm total length, but then you are supposed to add 50mm for the hose bend and strain relief assembly. Question is, what is the actual length of the assembly ? Any Reverb C1 share that part so the question is relevant to all, and if there is any charitable soul that could measure it that would be great. In our case the kinks are just enough to block the posts but the hose will still go straight down so the 50mm that RS recommends isn't really applicable.

Thanks !

Balgaroth

Chimp
Oct 22, 2021
Alsace (FR)
I have a KS Lev Integra (100? 125mm?) that you can have for a song if it'll fit.
Are you based somewhere in Europe ? Only the 100mm from 2020 onward would fit it seems.

Isn't the OneUp supposed to be the "shortest" for a given drop?
Shortest stack yes so if your problem is too long of a seat tube it is a great option. In out case we are looking for shortest max insertion including actuator and shortest stack.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Are you based somewhere in Europe ? Only the 100mm from 2020 onward would fit it seems.

Shortest stack yes so if your problem is too long of a seat tube it is a great option. In out case we are looking for shortest max insertion including actuator and shortest stack.
Wouldn't the oneup also satify that? It will have a shorter insertion as well.

In any case, Sram has measurements in here*: https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/frame-fit-specifications/rockshox/gen0000000006075-rev-a-reverb-stealth-c1-seatpost-specifications.pdf
*after actually reading this, it seems like they don't actually give you the measurements.

And for OneUp:

Last edited:

Balgaroth

Chimp
Oct 22, 2021
Alsace (FR)
what is the max insertion her frame can take?
Liv Hail in size S has a short seat tube (380mm) but what they don't tell you is that the max tube insertion is 160mm due to the kink in the tube. Additionally opposite to the kink you have the rocker pivot that protrudes half way into the ST at around 180mm. She needs a total seat post length of roughly 540mm and for downhill anything below 455mm is good. Going 75mm dropper isn't really an option as it won't give enough clearance for downhill. Stack could be reduced by changing saddle but that would be last resort.

Which is why the Lev Integra could fit the bill with 180mm overall and 157mm tube length, or the Reverb C1 with 150mm tube length but unknown actual length due to the fact they only give the recommended length to bend the hose. If the connector is 20mm this would give her 1cm of seatpost adjustment.

Balgaroth

Chimp
Oct 22, 2021
Alsace (FR)
Wouldn't the oneup also satify that? It will have a shorter insertion as well.

In any case, Sram has measurements in here*: https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/frame-fit-specifications/rockshox/gen0000000006075-rev-a-reverb-stealth-c1-seatpost-specifications.pdf
*after actually reading this, it seems like they don't actually give you the measurements.

And for OneUp:

Problem is, the 100mm from One-up is just a shimed down 120mm so the insert length is long for a 100mm. If they made a 80-100mm that would be the ticket but they don't.

As for the Reverb, you ended-up with the same conclusion as me, which is why I created this thread.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Did you consider a Vecnum Nivo or Moveloc?

Balgaroth

Chimp
Oct 22, 2021
Alsace (FR)
For those interested, I pulled the trigger on the Reverb C1. I received it yesterday and measure the distance between the end of the 30.9mm section to the end of the connection assembly (start of the hose). It is roughly 30mm, so for the 100mm travel that is advertised as a 300mm seatpost, you are actually looking at a 330mm seatpost.
Luckily the shape of the extra length is tapered and allowed me to fit the seatpost on the Liv Hail of my partner without any limitation from the extra length. The hose exit nicely around the rocker pivot. Might be usefull for those looking for short max insertion seatposts for Giant our old Spe Enduro for exemple.