Quantcast

Reign X large question

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
Hey, I wasn't sure exactly where this thread should go, but i have noticed a few reign x's posted so i thought id stick it here
I trying to get my hands on a reign x0 frame for a do-it-all bike, that i can also do dh on (it should handle it, I'm only 67kg). But im concerned about sizing.

I found a reign X0 for a good price, but its a large and I'm not 100% sure if it's going to fit. I'm 179cm give or take a cm. So i was wondering, If anyone had experience on a large and offer any insight.

p.s. I will be running a relatively short stem which should shorten the cockpit a little

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
fwiw i am 6'2'' and rode a large reign last season a bit. the headtube is wicked tall and no matter what i did (low rise bars, flat stem, no spacers) it was still like 3/4" too tall for my tastes. also, due to the long headtube, the toptube is really high, and i hit my knees on the toptube all the time when cornering and riding aggresively.

final note is the the seattube does not go very deep, so you sorta have to comprimise between climbing saddle height and (if you) drop your seat alot for descending.

the bike flat out rules though. i went with a medium trance x as a trail bike this season, and though its a little small, with a 20mm longer stem (70 vs. 50) and a 140mm fork, i get the handing and fit i prefer, and can almost get the saddle high enough for my inseam (33").

hope that is useful.