Quantcast

Reducing Domain from 160 to 140mm

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks. Wondering if I could just put a U-Turn assembly in. cutting the spring raises the spring rate.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
I think the u-turn assembly will work, I have a medium spring assembly (i think, I'll have to check) from lyrik if you're interested. I'm not 100% sure it would fit the domain but I'm pretty sure it would.

Also with the U-turn the spring rate goes up as well, I've only ridden with it wound down once and I didn't notice it though.

Honkeystyle

Chimp
May 24, 2010
nc
cutting the spring wont raise the spring rate. spring rate is a set value. the force the spring exerts is dependent on the compression or extension of the spring. this can be seen in F= k*dx, but i think i'm missing the point of this thread.

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
cutting the spring wont raise the spring rate. spring rate is a set value. the force the spring exerts is dependent on the compression or extension of the spring. this can be seen in F= k*dx, but i think i'm missing the point of this thread.
Cutting coils off a spring will most definitely raise the spring rate. do some research on it. Spring rate has to do with the diameter of the wire and the number of coils.

Here's an article. There are many, many more

http://www.eatonsprings.com/atqCuttingCoilSpringsCalculations.htm

Last edited: