Quantcast

red

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
was it just spray paint? or did you airbrush it?

i am interested in doing the same thing to my bike, only green.

also, it looks awsome

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
monkeyboy424 said:
was it just spray paint? or did you airbrush it?

i am interested in doing the same thing to my bike, only green.

also, it looks awsome

1 can of candy apple red spraypaint

3 coats

no primer or clearcoat

i really dont give a crap if it starts falling off and flaking.

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
if you are painting a frame, one trick is to take the car battery out of your car, use jumpers to hook the positive to the spray can and the negative to the frame (some place with no paint) we did this on our motorcycle fames and it really made the paint pull to the frame. has anyone else heard of this trick?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Ronny Grady said:
if you are painting a frame, one trick is to take the car battery out of your car, use jumpers to hook the positive to the spray can and the negative to the frame (some place with no paint) we did this on our motorcycle fames and it really made the paint pull to the frame. has anyone else heard of this trick?
That is how powdercoating works. The electrical charge holds the dry powder to the object. Then you put the object in the oven and bake the finish on. I wouldn't try it with spray paint though. Too much volatility for me. I have had really good results with rattle can. I tryed the airbrush and it was more trouble than it was worth.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Honestly that looks effing awesome bro, i think i might paint my ruckus this weekend seeing how that worked out, what kind of paint did you use, is the krylon touch??? And how did you hold it up while you painted it, rack or did you just lay it down and keep flipping it over. Give me some details, I hate the paint on my bike right now!!! Thanks man.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
i used rustoleum painters touch

i used my old park stand and put the seat/seat post way out and masked it off with a bag and tape. I also masked the headset cups and the bb shell. I used 3 coats and just rotated the bike using the stand.