Quantcast

Recent movies you've watched?!?!?!?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Changleen said:
Team America - Fianlly got round to renting it. Fvck yeah. Was pretty good.
Everyone has AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS...

Pi - Saw it, thought it was intriguing, but will definitely NOT see it again.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i see tons of movies....

Last ones

Theater
Walk the Line, interesting and a decent job on par with Ray

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Unique, sometimes bordering on cheesy

Rentals
House Of Flying Daggers

Colorful fun Kung-Fu flick, if you're into this type of movie it's a must see

The Longest Yard

Pretty boring, with a few yuks thrown here and there. i found the special features to be more interesting than the movie itself.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We watched Ocean's Twelve last week. Very disappointing. I really dug the first one. The second one shouldn't have been made.

I also watched Close Encounters a couple weeks ago on On Demand cable. Very cool flick. I hadn't seen it in years.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
We watched the first half of Donnie Brasco last night.

So far, so good. :thumb:
I figured you thought movies sucked since they quit making silent films.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Speaking of silent films...
Ever heard of "It's All Gone Peter Tong"? It's the true life story of English DJ Frankie Wilde who was on top of the world and then lost his hearing. He goes into total reclusivity and finds a woman who teaches him to live with his handicap. She teaches him how to "feel" music and he makes a miraculous return to DJ'ing and produces one last album deaf before returning to a private life with his love. Awesome actors, excellent screenplay, and great director. Very good movie and even better story. H

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife rented Legend of Zorro and it was worse than the first. Not even any good action, very slow, sucked overall.

Corpse Bride was good though.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I watched the 40 Year Old Virgin. Holy sh!t. I was close to puking from laughing so hard when Cal was talking about the dog licking his ass. We had to stop the movie - I needed a time out.

Wedding Crashers was alright, but a little bit too long for my liking.

War of the Worlds was a movie about people making the most retarded decision possible.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
We just saw Farewell My Concubine. Now I can't help but sing "Stupid American's are going home, we will sleep for a thousand years, when we wake the world will end"

Chinese Opera is painful.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Team America is hilarious. ("Gonna have a MONTAGE, MONTAGE..!!)

I also liked Batman Begins more than I thought I would.

I saw a great movie last night about kids growing up in the brothels of Calcutta. Heartbreaking stuff called "Born in the Brothels" or something similar.

History of Violence is pretty cool, if predictable.

War of the Worlds was exactly what I thought it would be: Technically impressive, emotionally empty (like recent Star Wars flicks).

Grizzly Man was good to watch. I ended up with very mixed feelings about the guy but it's a great film.

Joe Kid on a Stingray is the best movie I've seen lately but it's a DVD and really it's only good because it's the history of BMX and watching it is like re-living my youth.