Quantcast

Rayburm , Milbury Mass.

splat

Nam I am
Today we decende upon Rayburn. there were 14 of us today a good creww for a Great ride.

First we must enter the trails

Turner girl with MBC right behind her on the first of many rock wall crossings

BullitGrl on a roller

MBC doing the same one with IAB right behind her.

This used to be a Non descript turn , now a tree fell and has made it intresting

Fiirts Boon , Niel then MBC

BadDNA and ktmsx crossing another rock wall

a Stich of a Bridge rock bridge section.

ED going off of a rock

IAB doing he same

MBC, Then Ktmsx and Berkshire _rider crossing you guessed it a rock wall.

And one thing about Rayburn, it zig zags and circles upon it self and you never knowwhen you and where you may be. about halway through we came with in about 100 feet of our cars, and we could see a Police car with lights on right behind our cars . So to make sure our cars don't get towed we went to see what was going on. Our cars were fine , but there 2 guys on Quads were getting written up for unregistered quads.

Back to riding , IAB on a fun roll out .

Pete decided to take the more adventous line

MBC Crossing a rock wall,

this was a Rock wall , but it seamed a lot more rock then most , plus you had to make an almost 180 turn while crossing .

Same wall, MBC , IAB and Turnergrl

PLAY TIME

Then we came upon a Large tree fallen across the trail

IAB said he could ride it

WRONG !!! Boon Down

Ed Not discouraged went at it !

WRONG!!!!

Turnergrl on a creek crossing , ( even though the water level was low )

Bullitgrl Same place

and while I was taking those Pics I noticed Hunters In Camo ( why I was wearing anti-hunter orange )

How many Hunters do you see ?

IAB up a rock

and just before we finished Up , was this rock wall ride to ply wood . Lots o Fun!

Great Day , Great People , Great Ride !

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Love the crash pics!! :D

Great ride today! Sunny and high 60's in mid-November? WTF was that all about?

I've got a few pics to add:

Splat had an early flat, so we went on without him. :D

ktmsx followed by MBChickie

MBC clearing this tricky turn/log combo thingy.

TurnerGrl using a little tree support.

ktmsx trying to get a closer look at the ground here. I think he saw a quarter he was trying to pick up. :D

berkshire_rider wheelie

berkshire_rider wheelie redux

A splat sighting!

Pete gets some air on this rock, followed by Ed.

My legs felt it from a month off. But the post ride 10oz burger and Wachusett IPA were rewards we savored. :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
nice splat, and you too IAB!

nice pics, and it does look like a perfect day for a ride!

I am on the DL for a bit, with an arm problem the doc's haven't figured out yet. (x-rays say it isn't broken!) but I think it may be torn ligaments/tendons or bad muscle tear. So for now I will live vicariously through you and the ride reports! At least I have that!

:thumb:

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Rayburn is an incredible trail system, more stone wall crossings than you can imagine. If you guys like Rayburn you should check out the trails in W. Millbury (if you haven't already). New trail cut this fall, and I think the whole system has been raked within the last month!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Since I'm moving to CT in the near future (first I'm telling you guys about it), we were moving bikes to her new place in Southington. She finally picked up her new Rush, too bad she can't ride it yet.

Now I have to find a bunch of new riding buddies in CT.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
nice splat, and you too IAB!

nice pics, and it does look like a perfect day for a ride!

I am on the DL for a bit, with an arm problem the doc's haven't figured out yet. (x-rays say it isn't broken!) but I think it may be torn ligaments/tendons or bad muscle tear. So for now I will live vicariously through you and the ride reports! At least I have that!

:thumb:
Dont listen to his crap he is just a girly man...:brow:

Pics are cool dont you hate when the leaves come though! God damnit they annoy me, i bet those trails are rippers in the summer. It is funny the variety of rides people run everything from freeride rigs to hardtails.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Since I'm moving to CT in the near future (first I'm telling you guys about it), we were moving bikes to her new place in Southington. She finally picked up her new Rush, too bad she can't ride it yet.

Now I have to find a bunch of new riding buddies in CT.
SWEET! Whereabouts in Southington? I grew up there...I lived there for about 22 years.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Nice shots from both of you ..!!...that was good ride with a lot of tight stuff. I always wondered what the pictures looked like compared to beeing there, the one rock Pete jumped off looked alot bigger out in the woods....

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
How does turnergrl like the Z1?

Nice pics.
Only 2 rides on it thus far and quite the change from the Super T. It is already waaaaaaaay better for trail riding and I just need to readjust to the different geometry and feel before I am at a good comfort level for drops and such.

I almost built up a trail bike along the lines of a Heckler or Blur LT but then realized how much I love my RFX as my primary bike. So pulled the DC off to lighten it up and now have a brandy new '07 Specialized Big Hit FSR III waiting for DH season to come back around!

Splat, IAB - awesome pics as usual
Great ride and great crew

Bikebro

Chimp
Apr 13, 2005
Think those are the trails I use to ride all the time since they were close to my house in Grafton. Use to start the loop at the Buck Brothers buildings. People use to mark alot of the corners with reflective tape on paper plates so you could keep up your speed for night riding.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Only 2 rides on it thus far and quite the change from the Super T. It is already waaaaaaaay better for trail riding and I just need to readjust to the different geometry and feel before I am at a good comfort level for drops and such.

I almost built up a trail bike along the lines of a Heckler or Blur LT but then realized how much I love my RFX as my primary bike. So pulled the DC off to lighten it up and now have a brandy new '07 Specialized Big Hit FSR III waiting for DH season to come back around!

Splat, IAB - awesome pics as usual
Great ride and great crew
I rode an RFX with an AM 1 on it in San Diego. It's perfect with a 6" fork on it. It would really kick ass with my Z1 Light on it, so I can imagine that fork rocks for it. I realllly like that orange. :thumb:

I have a Reign and it is a pig after the RFX.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Think those are the trails I use to ride all the time since they were close to my house in Grafton. Use to start the loop at the Buck Brothers buildings. People use to mark alot of the corners with reflective tape on paper plates so you could keep up your speed for night riding.
Same trails. We start just a little further up on Colton road by the pond.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Most of the Rayburn trails got raked out on Sunday and the bridge on Colton Rd. got rebuilt also......

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Most of the Rayburn trails got raked out on Sunday and the bridge on Colton Rd. got rebuilt also......
Since your done raking Rayburn can you guys take a stop over by soapstone mt. and give those trails a quick raking..????...

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
I'm hoping to get my local trails cleaned up before Thanksgiving (back pack blower- rakes break after a few hours...), Rayburn got cleaned out by a few of the Team Bum members (they're the nuts who cut/ maintain the trails and run the TT series on that course). But hey you never know......