Quantcast

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
That last photo is reality. in 1976 I worked for Beach Maintenance in Santa Monica CA. on a 2 mile long stretch of beach we had 3000 55 gallon drum trash cans. They were rarely used most people jut left the trash on the sand. At 2am 4 tractors with sand rakes would start raking the garbage into rows for the sand sifter and dump truck to pick up. At 4 am we hit the sand in 2 6x6 garbage trucks to empty all the cans. at 6 am a crew of 50 guys with picker sticks and canvas shoulder bags would walk the beach to get what was missed and dump it into the cans for the next day pick up. After the 4th of July it would take 3 dyas to clean up the mess.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That last photo is reality. in 1976 I worked for Beach Maintenance in Santa Monica CA. on a 2 mile long stretch of beach we had 3000 55 gallon drum trash cans. They were rarely used most people jut left the trash on the sand. At 2am 4 tractors with sand rakes would start raking the garbage into rows for the sand sifter and dump truck to pick up. At 4 am we hit the sand in 2 6x6 garbage trucks to empty all the cans. at 6 am a crew of 50 guys with picker sticks and canvas shoulder bags would walk the beach to get what was missed and dump it into the cans for the next day pick up. After the 4th of July it would take 3 dyas to clean up the mess.
when i lived in the south bay in 07/08 it wasn't that bad, thankfully.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
related, thought this was cool art / public service:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have pretty much quit carrying a wallet at all. It’s a weird feeling. All cards are on my phone, license, passport soon. But I keep it in the truck just in case.
I have a lot of cards that I really shouldn't carry but no cash. Membership cards, medical, dental, ATM, credit, Costco gas, Flex spending, atv license, boater license, VFW card and business cards, it's ridiculous.