Quantcast

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Because the format isn't always obvious, using the abbreviated month prevents any possible confusion.
15-Feb-2021
numerals work well in any language... there’s that.
Does anyone ever do YYYYDDMM?! Never seen that.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
numerals work well in any language... there’s that.
Does anyone ever do YYYYDDMM?! Never seen that.
It's great for files. Put that at the beginning of any file and you have the date. Yes, you can sort by date, but for folders that multiple people view, the date at the beginning of the file leaves no mistakes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's great for files. Put that at the beginning of any file and you have the date. Yes, you can sort by date, but for folders that multiple people view, the date at the beginning of the file leaves no mistakes.
Re-read his order.

I always use the better YYYYMMDD in file names.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I propose a good folder structure, with human readable file names and let date modified deal with the rest. People suck at updating file name dates, you often just get a v2 at the end or a final-final-v4.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I propose a good folder structure, with human readable file names and let date modified deal with the rest. People suck at updating file name dates, you often just get a v2 at the end or a final-final-v4.
sounds like a design agency final final v2 for real final print.pdf

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
People who add "final" into a file name need to be taken outside and beaten.