Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Shakshuka! From dinner last night. With zucchini tzatziki, cumin roasted carrots, pita.

Breakfast P,B&J. Peanut butter pie & peach-blueberry coffee cake.
20200722_185658.jpg
20200723_103735.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
are those compact discs?
Ayup. Got a big plastic tub of them that is slowly getting ripped to hard local storage. Old stuff, local bands from places I've lived over the years. Probably close to 300 or so. Already own them, this way they are all backed up and I can get rid of the big crate when done.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ayup. Got a big plastic tub of them that is slowly getting ripped to hard local storage. Old stuff, local bands from places I've lived over the years. Probably close to 300 or so. Already own them, this way they are all backed up and I can get ride of the big crate when done.
i came across my old box of cd's last night. i'm pretty sure they're all ripped for backup. might hang onto a few, but yea, the rest need to go.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Captain Jims Rochester NY No Mushy Peas but whatever...
Oh man.... there is a fish and chips place on the way home where I live now, that I've been wanting to try for months but haven't for one reason or another. Next week I will, thanks!

This place is run by a family from Newfoundland. The building looks like a hole in the wall dump, but the food and fish is apparently amazing.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You should try raw fish eyes. Or at least one anyway.

After watching my first wife's Portuguese grandmother pop those like candy

:panic: :fie:
I only ate one and that was enough for me. The way it popped...then the liquid...:bad:

You guys want something unique.... and tasty...... and gross all at the same time.....

The raw and still warm fat from behind the eye ball of your herbivore food animals....... loaded with nutrition, strange texture.... but youll get the feeling you are eating raw pizza dough.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You should try raw fish eyes. Or at least one anyway.

When I was young, maybe 1st grade? My best friend in grade school is Vietnamese and I watched him pluck an eyeball out of a fish head he had in is bowl. I had never seen chopsticks before and he made it look so easy.

I'm still pretty bad at chopsticks. :rofl:

FB_IMG_1594672806855.jpg

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
New gloves. $17-ish @ Home Depot.

Time for some new rack bits. Oops. And Frame Saver spray, or the like. $45 for a replacement spar. I can swap all of the other bits over and for a few more bucks at Home Depot change all the bolts over to stainless.

Check your shit,
yo. Basement sump pump main pump with a second-level backup pump and backup battery - both working fine. However, my tertiary dumb plug in pump was completely non-functional. Went and bought a new one. Just in case, since we're supposed to get 4 to 6 inch of rain over the next two days. If the power were to go out and the battery for the backup eventually were to fail then I'll steal a batteryout of one of the cars if need be.

Cauliflower, sweet Italian sausage, shishito peppers, S&P, evooView attachment 147336
View attachment 147331View attachment 147332View attachment 147333View attachment 147334View attachment 147335
so random.

whats in the dish with the peppers?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
so random.

whats in the dish with the peppers?
Cauliflower, shishito peppers, sweet italian chx sausage, evoo, S&P. Seriously, I think that was all. Was tasty, but in retrospect, I'd have done the peppers on their own, with less EVOO to get them browned/crisped a bit.

I'm a big fan of mix it all together and roast it dinners. Fast, easy, cooks while I'm doing other shit.

Many variations of this.

Keeping the chickpeas and peppers no matter the other ingredients is key, and the dressing is so easy and tasty. We've used it on all sorts of things now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cauliflower, shishito peppers, sweet italian chx sausage, evoo, S&P. Seriously, I think that was all. Was tasty, but in retrospect, I'd have done the peppers on their own, with less EVOO to get them browned/crisped a bit.

I'm a big fan of mix it all together and roast it dinners. Fast, easy, cooks while I'm doing other shit.

Many variations of this.

Keeping the chickpeas and peppers no matter the other ingredients is key, and the dressing is so easy and tasty. We've used it on all sorts of things now.
That's funny...I just sent the picture of that dish to the ladyfriend asking if shed be interested in something like that, before seeing this post.

Will note down your observations.

I'm about to have butt loads of Hungarian wax peppers. Are the shishito peppers hot?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
That's funny...I just sent the picture of that dish to the ladyfriend asking if shed be interested in something like that, before seeing this post.

Will note down your observations.

I'm about to have butt loads of Hungarian wax peppers. Are the shishito peppers hot?

They can be. A great flavour, and there is sort of a "1 in ten" thing with them. TAStytastytastytastyohfuckhottastytastytasty. Yah nevah know.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

Many variations of this.

fried shisito are the bomb