Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cheeky devil had a fuse blowing when it wanted to.
Turned out the switch in the indicator stalk was loose and the live terminal could touch the backet if it chose to.
IMG_20240521_220304.jpg

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
When a window corner has more history than the entire country you grew up in...

Lucca. I buy prosecco, grappa and bread across the street.

P8180057-2-532_150818.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Primarily British but....

Spanner is fixed jaws. Wrench is adjustable jaws. :nerd: :bonk:
In Oz, it's spanner for fixed, shifter and pipe wrench for the moving ones.
All of them double as hammers and hose removal tools.

"If you can Dodge a Shifter, you can Dodge a Ball" Doesn't have the same ring to it.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So I have a delightful story about this. Right in front of us on Dale Mabry in Tampa was a pickup with 5-6 mattresses stacked up on the back. I guess they didn't have any rope, so they had a 13 yo kid lay on top of them. The light turned green, they sped up to about 45, then the top mattress with the kid on it lifted off like a plane. Then it dove 8 feet into the pavement, absolutely destroying the kid's head. I didn't even stop, he was deader than shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I have a delightful story about this. Right in front of us on Dale Mabry in Tampa was a pickup with 5-6 mattresses stacked up on the back. I guess they didn't have any rope, so they had a 13 yo kid lay on top of them. The light turned green, they sped up to about 45, then the top mattress with the kid on it lifted off like a plane. Then it dove 8 feet into the pavement, absolutely destroying the kid's head. I didn't even stop, he was deader than shit.
Darwin.jpg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
While we are sharing on the topic of mattresses,

When I moved into the 1909 log cabin in the woods there were several beds upstairs that were evidently infested with rodents and marmots. I knew I would have a chore getting them all out without letting everything scatter. I sealed the room with tape, set up traps along the walls, removed the sliding glass door, I dug a burn pit with the backhoe, started the fire and drug all 6 beds out at once with the backhoe and ropes and put everything on the fire at once. The carnage was very satisfying. Even caught all the stragglers with traps.