Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My all time winner is still the GTO Judge. For some insane reason this kid at my high school was given a fully restored one by his dad for his 16th birthday. Solid black.

I hated muscle cars back then for whatever reason and had never seen one. When he pulled up at school, I was instantly in awe.

He then proceeded to wrap it around a tree some time shortly before senior year trying to drag race someone. He blew it off the road about 100 yards in.

One thing nice about modern muscle cars is they are hard to just put in a ditch right off the start line.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
a town about a two minute drive from me pre-hurricane floyd:

post-hurricane floyd:

they put up flood gates since, but they aren't totally finished with the project. i'll be curious to see what irene does and if the gates work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My all time winner is still the GTO Judge.
Only proper in orange.

Somewhere my ex-wife has pictures of my '70 Cuda. I bought it when I got back from Desert Storm and put it in storage when I moved to Portland. I gave it to her to sell after the divorce and she got $800 for it from a guy in Chicago who bought it sight unseen. Wow, a '70 Cuda for $800? I'm sure he was floored when he finally saw it. I paid $5k for it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Work in progress.

<edit> Notice the color of the wheel to the color of the seats. Both are 2008, both are trim code "cashmere", but the wheel is darker. WTF Cadillac?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Only proper in orange.

Somewhere my ex-wife has pictures of my '70 Cuda. I bought it when I got back from Desert Storm and put it in storage when I moved to Portland. I gave it to her to sell after the divorce and she got $800 for it from a guy in Chicago who bought it sight unseen. Wow, a '70 Cuda for $800? I'm sure he was floored when he finally saw it. I paid $5k for it.
Holy crap I wish I were that guy! Sucks!

I saw this this morning and almost lost it. Makes me want to hide my dog under my desk and keep her with me always. They are such amazing animals to love us silly humans the way they do.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Only proper in orange.

dont know much about us car prices but for 800 bucks here ypu can maybe get a volvo 440 or an opel cadet and it wont be the best condition - near dead i would say. a 70s cuda here is worth waaay more than 5k