Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
And unfortunately for me, a common peasant, it shall forever remain the most elusive car in the world. Although I did get to sit in one once.
I used to know someone (18ish years ago) who daily drove one. What do they go for now?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And unfortunately for me, a common peasant, it shall forever remain the most elusive car in the world. Although I did get to sit in one once.
That's further than me or most of us poors. What is interesting is that a portion of the younger generation are wanting a manual transmission with a more analog experience. Some folks still get it. There is a legit reason you can still get a Porsche GT car with a manual.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I used to know someone (18ish years ago) who daily drove one. What do they go for now?
$2M maybe. I think you might be able to get the one Gas Monkey raped for $750k?

Ha, lucky guess.

The battle for it was apparently quite intense, but it was eventually sold for $760,000

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
That's further than me or most of us poors. What is interesting is that a portion of the younger generation are wanting a manual transmission with a more analog experience. Some folks still get it. There is a legit reason you can still get a Porsche GT car with a manual.
I don't think manuals are likely to go away completely. Some people still appreciate feel, control, and the overall driving experience, even it means going against the tide by foregoing creature comforts and having the car do everything for them.

I get it that not everyone likes to drive, but I hope the industry will continue to make just a few cars for those of us that do. But I'm holding onto my STI just in case they don't.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't think manuals are likely to go away completely. Some people still appreciate feel, control, and the overall driving experience, even it means going against the tide by foregoing creature comforts and having the car do everything for them.

I get it that not everyone likes to drive, but I hope the industry will continue to make just a few cars for those of us that do. But I'm holding onto my STI just in case they don't.
I wish they made a 6 speed version of the C8, but I get it sort of. Hell, I'm having to drive 2.5 hours to look at an '07 C6 manual. I went 4 hours for my '01, there aren't many unfortunately.

Screenshot_20230508-200648.png