Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No buys a manual transmission car because its faster - dual clutch trannies killed that a long time ago. I'd argue that learning to drive a manual still has some great benefits. Operating one makes you learn and feel what the car is doing and how it works, not just a pedal you step on to make the car move forward. And they help with actually paying attention to the road and anticipating traffic, turns, etc etc. Being able to easily control speed going down long hills without the brakes or really thinking too hard is also wonderful.

One day when I win the lottery, I shall buy a 911 Carrera 4S with a manual transmission. 100% will put some winter tires on it. :)
I disagree, it really depends on the car, for some, they aren't dumping a ton of money into the auto trans, so it's not a high end 8-10 speed or DCT, in these cases, the manual is better and faster. On other cars, the auto is better and faster. It just depends. Like a WRX, give me the 6spd every day over that CVT and it was a total travesty that they were putting a 4EAT in the older models, that option did not belong with that car. But take a 911 2/4S, PDK all day long. That's what that car was designed for (these days) and it's absolute magic.

We are way too far beyond any help as far as the paying attention to the road thing. When I ride my bike on the paths/sidewalks it's just bat-shit crazy, people of all ages, playing with phones, while they are in motion, going around corners, reading fucking books, everything. One of my friends says that bicycle lights can be too bright for motorists. F-him, I want f-ing laser beams and the brighter, the better. Whatever it takes to make them notice me. Self-driving cars can't come fast enough, it's sadly the only realistic solution at this point (or moving to Yurp).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>We are way too far beyond any help as far as the paying attention to the road thing. When I ride my bike on the paths/sidewalks it's just bat-shit crazy, people of all ages, playing with phones, while they are in motion, going around corners, reading fucking books, everything. One of my friends says that bicycle lights can be too bright for motorists. F-him, I want f-ing laser beams and the brighter, the better. Whatever it takes to make them notice me. Self-driving cars can't come fast enough, it's sadly the only realistic solution at this point (or moving to Yurp).
Someone gets it. :clue:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Leftover black beans/rice with sooooooooft scrambled eggs. S&P, red pepper flakes, garlic pan fried broccoli with heavy on the garlic mayo.

20200827_190814.jpg
20200827_192718.jpg

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
But the mountains in the great state of nevada do not

Agreed though

Plus I was coming home from the sawtooths in idaho last week :D

walked right into a gas station in wells, zero masks on employees, 10 sturgis nerdz dressed in same.....walked right the fuck out
lol we filled up at the truck stop at Wells on Tuesday. same fucking stupidity. They looked at us funny because we were masked up and I put on Nitrile Gloves to use the diesel pump in the truck lane. Fucking mouth breathers

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
lol we filled up at the truck stop at Wells on Tuesday. same fucking stupidity. They looked at us funny because we were masked up and I put on Nitrile Gloves to use the diesel pump in the truck lane. Fucking mouth breathers
My sisters dissertation was on how truck drivers were prime conduits of disease in rural areas of Thailand, catching things in the big city (whores), and bringing it home to their sweet country wives.

thought I would share.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My sisters dissertation was on how truck drivers were prime conduits of disease in rural areas of Thailand, catching things in the big city (whores), and bringing it home to their sweet country wives.

thought I would share.
When did you drive trucks in Thailand?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My favorite local truck was doing tacos (i love theirs) and elote. And Lobster (lobstah) rolls. Had to go with the crustacean. Butter, scant S&P, a perfect mix of tarragon and dill on the toasted split top. I don't really care about lobster otherwise, but a good roll - cold or hot is fantastic. Mr's Scrub had tacos and elote.. She grew up in Maine. Lobstah can go fuck itself, according to her.

My boys.

20200828_122730.jpg
20200827_131756.jpg