Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can't say how much I enjoy getting stuck behind a bike like that on a twisty mountain road doing 12 mph.
Never ridden this bike, but I am not the type of person to put Ohlins suspension on a motorcycle for going slow in the twisties. I know one of my biggest challenges with my Road King project will be handling. Appropriate sized wheels, good rake/trail, wonderful suspension, trial and error, maybe.The original plan was replace the fork cartridges with Ohlins, but after seeing this bike, I think full R&T with custom clamps to adjust fork offset and rake/trail would be best. And I have seen used Ohlins R&T's for less than the cartridge setup, so there is the cheap bastard factor combined with a better solution.

Now this thing is built for teh slow (and the ugly)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
darn, should have cashed some things out in decemver :(
You can't predict the market near-term. If you need funds near-term, then it shouldn't be invested such that market fluctuations would negatively impact them. See statement above.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<10% in 2 weeks. Meh. If you are invested properly (risk for age), you shouldn't have any concerns. If you're not? You should listen to grown ups.
I don't have any concerns.

But nobody said it was going to be easy living the #monaclelyfe.

:D

You can't predict the market near-term. If you need funds near-term, then it shouldn't be invested such that market fluctuations would negatively impact them. See statement above.
This. *Trying* to time the market is a fool's errand.

You could do like the folks that waited until the absolute bottom in March 2009, sell, and then lament for the next 10 years about how its everyone else's fault that they aren't living the #monaclelyfe.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't have any concerns.

But nobody said it was going to be easy living the #monaclelyfe.

:D

This. *Trying* to time the market is a fool's errand.

You could do like the folks that waited until the absolute bottom in March 2009, sell, and then lament for the next 10 years about how its everyone else's fault that they aren't living the #monaclelyfe.
Or be like me and trust your market technician colleague who told you to sell in Oct 2007, go short, then wait until Dow 6500 to buy. He was off at 6600, but close enough to back up the truck to. :D But that was a VERY big gamble.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
yeah, I was going to selling off some ESPP stock to make my youngin stock holdings more diverse, guess I will be doing some more waiting