Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
With all this talk of Aluminium being the new wonder material, it’s apropos that I’ve stumbled across these Profile aluminium mtb cranks.

not much info out, but I love the relief machining on the reverse. A different site has them for cheaper, but the images are better on the above link.
Profile showed them on their Instagram now, retail msrp of $389.

Edit: $389 is for the e-bike version.. not sure for the regular ones..

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Unno went from being a super cool idea to a brand so obsessed with their image that the bikes are suffering. Seat mast is a mess. An ebike with range finder that can’t hold a water bottle? Bar and stem combo that removes any user adjustability?
you mean the hyper stylish overly curvy carbon shit made in fucking BARCELONA with prices immediately double what most frames were at the time aint keepin it real for you?

this is my incredibly shocked face

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's like they got the apprentice to make a frame from only pieces found in the recycling bin-
1703847425021.png

I initially thought it was an E-bike.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
People who like English food. BREXIT
Most ironically tend to love foreign food. :doh:

Orange are still able to sell that same bike they've been "improving" year on year since the 90s mainly because of two things. The "made in Halifax England UK" thing and as they're destined to be ridden more in wet mud than in dry conditions the just one pivot to maintain thing seems to also be a big selling point. The dream combination seemingly to own one dripping in "made down the road and put together with a hammer" Hope components.
To me it's no different than folk buying steel bikes for their "longevity"

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Most ironically tend to love foreign food. :doh:

Orange are still able to sell that same bike they've been "improving" year on year since the 90s mainly because of two things. The "made in Halifax England UK" thing and as they're destined to be ridden more in wet mud than in dry conditions the just one pivot to maintain thing seems to also be a big selling point. The dream combination seemingly to own one dripping in "made down the road and put together with a hammer" Hope components.
To me it's no different than folk buying steel bikes for their "longevity"
Yeah, but at least the steel bikes will rust.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's like they got the apprentice to make a frame from only pieces found in the recycling bin- sat down to make another bike and then came back the next day and realized "ain't gon do it mate. Gotta be ORANGE UGLY, the ugliest ever known to man"
it's a bit like making sure 'huffy' is on it somewhere because you think brand recognition is good in your case

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
sat down to make another bike Travelled the world for a few years picking up the most random accent ever and then came back the next day and realized "ain't gon do it mate. Gotta be ORANGE UGLY, the ugliest ever known to man"