Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Do you have a preferred recipe for this one?
First time making it, so not yet! Will for sure do again.

Probably just use the same recipe as a base and tweak from there. Already did this time anyhow.

I think putting it over a salty garlicky cheesy chunky mashed potato base would be better than egg noodles, IMO.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
First time making it, so not yet! Will for sure do again.

Probably just use the same recipe as a base and tweak from there. Already did this time anyhow.

I think putting it over a salty garlicky cheesy chunky mashed potato base would be better than egg noodles, IMO.
Yeah - garlic mashers do seem to pair really well with beef/mushroom stewy-type things. :drool:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Brussels roasted with EVOO, S&P, Sriracha & honey. Two fried eggs. Cilantro, garlic, roast salted peanuts, lime juice, fish sauce.
Krinkle fries & Sriracha mayo.

20240120_165438.jpg

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
That's a clever name... :D

ETA: Goddammit - now I'm hungry for some vindaloo. :drool:
My dinner at work last night (well, part of it) was leftover crunchy krinkle fries (leftover? WTF?) with a bag of Tasty Bite channa masala on top. Delicious combo.

and yes, good on the name. they were doing a pizza thing there (same owners) but i think they found the local pizza competition too much. thus the massive menu/food pivot.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cheese and Onion burgers on the Traeger. Took forever. The Dipaolo's Rolls made them. Capicola and Provolone. Melty goodness with the peppers and onions. Hot pepper relish for the win.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So, you guys know things. What happens when you make a Bourbon BBQ sauce? Is the alcohol still in the sauce or does it burn off when heated on the stove or grill? I think it burns off or evaporates.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The more you know:

"Beer, wine, and spirits are co-conspirators in one of the kitchen’s biggest myths. It’s widely believed that dishes made with alcohol are rendered non-alcoholic in the process of, say, simmering a beurre blanc sauce or baking a bourbon pecan pie. In reality, no matter how long it is sauteed, broiled or boiled, a recipe can never be fully rid of its alcohol."

https://www.alcoholprofessor.com/blog-posts/what-happens-to-alcohol-when-you-cook-with-it

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The more you know:

"Beer, wine, and spirits are co-conspirators in one of the kitchen’s biggest myths. It’s widely believed that dishes made with alcohol are rendered non-alcoholic in the process of, say, simmering a beurre blanc sauce or baking a bourbon pecan pie. In reality, no matter how long it is sauteed, broiled or boiled, a recipe can never be fully rid of its alcohol."

https://www.alcoholprofessor.com/blog-posts/what-happens-to-alcohol-when-you-cook-with-it
Sounds like a win to me! :cheers:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Cod with garlic, butter; Ritz crackers, chives & parsley.

Dill & goat cheese Dutch baby.

Atop arugula, with red onion & tomatoes.

20240128_164029.jpg

20240128_163248.jpg