Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't think I've ever had 고추가루. I am headed to the grocery store now though, so will look for some 고추가루 .

Is it some sort of ground peppers?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ugly tomatoes FTW

I don't think I've ever had 고추가루. I am headed to the grocery store now though, so will look for some 고추가루 .

Also known as Korean chili powder, is chili powder or flakes used in Korean cuisine. The name gochugaru is derived from Korean gochutgaru, where gochu (고추) means 'chili pepper' and garu (가루) means 'powder'.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Pork Chili Verde with rice, beans and corn tortillas, everything from scratch. Chile Verde has just over and hour to go so I am about to start the rice and make the corn tortillas.

braised the pork in olive oil with a dry rub on it then added onions and a bottle of Belgian Ale and garlic and let that simmer for 5 minutes before transferring to a Dutch oven and adding the verde sauce (roasted Tomatillo's, Pasilla Peppers and Jalapeno's)

CV1.jpg
CV2.jpg
CV3.jpg
CV4.jpg
CV5.jpg
CV6.jpg

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

Most easily found as gochujang paste or sauce. Taste. Then cook. Mix to taste.

Is delicious.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Caramelized onion and cabbage with crumbled duck-fennel sausage. A bit of red pepper flakes and Parmigiano-reggiano for sauce. Penne.

Peas.

Carrots. S&P, evoo, fresh lemon thyme/oregano/parsley.

20231001_174541.jpg

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Feeling like summer today, so time to start cranking out my "Bad boy Bambi" burgers on the BBQ!
toasted sour dough buns
bed of sauteed mushrooms
Walnut, basil and sour cream pesto
Venison burger
Slice of cheese
Spinach sauteed in EVOO until it wilts
drizzle of chili oil
Tomatoes.

1696488067534.png

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

I got addicted to it, I put the damn stuff on everything.
I'd have cheese toasties maybe six times a year but when I had a couple of bags of that stuff it was at least weekly.
There's a spice wholesaler on the way to a mate's place so I have to see if I can get something bigger than a 40 gram bag, I want a bucket full.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Cannellini bean, ground turkey, potato, kale soup. Nice hit from some red pepper flakes. Lotsa' gahlic. A large heel end from a 24 month parmigiano-reggiano wedge.

20231005_165808.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Went to the local takeaway today, they only have one chicken burger and it has cucumber and avo which both have no place on a burger.
So I asked if I could get a different burger, substitute the beef for chicken the add another fillet, lady said okay and gave me a weird smirk-
IMG_20231014_192759.jpg