Quantcast

quiting a job is this stressfull??

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Jesus!

I finally catch a break. Land a new job, 20% pay increase (I was paid like sh**) and I can actually do what I want and put my education to use...........and the old company is giving me so much grief.

Instead of looking at it where I'm moving up and using my skills and progressing, I'm getting guilt tripped. I'm trying not to burn bridges, but I just want these people to piss off!! I was able to get my vacation days out of them, so tomorrow is the last day, then a week vacation before starting the new job. But I think I blew my x-mas bonus.

Anyone else deal w/ this? I'm kind of venting, but this is a small non-profit and I'm wondering if other organizations are like this.

At least I get next week to ride my bike and maybe some other stuff. I can't remember when I had more than 2 days off to myself, I'll have to figure out what to do....and thats good.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
that sux.

Yes, too many companies screw the recently resigned employees like what's happening to you.

Think of the loss of money owed to you from your former company as an investment in yourself since you're getting 20% more and using your skills better.

Hope you don't get too much more stress.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Haven't you developed the ability to tune folks out? If not try focusing on their mouths when the talk and concentrate on the color of their teeth. Very quickly you won't hear a word they are saying and most likely they'll get creeped out and leave.

If that doesn't work, make like they have something on their teeth and that will distract them and then go to the bathroom.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
They shouldn't be childish, but with you leaving, you basically told them you have BETTER things to do. Whether they are better for you or not, if you were any good, the company is not better without you. I can understand some resent. At least they didn't just say, "OK, cool". That would make you a dolt. They didn't get upset at all at my last job, which reinforced the fact that little Napoleon thinks he can conquer the world on his own.

At least you know you got to them with your leaving. Lot's of guys have policies that don't pay bonus if you leave before it's paid. From a business standpoint, that's not such a bad thing.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
That sucks. Next time quit after Christmas...

Are you staying in Knoxvegas or are you moving out-o-town?
Staying here in town. A large engineering firm picked me up to do erosion bmp design and inspections. They have offices out west and there is the potential to transfer laterally in the organization.

I wanted to do this after the holidays, but they wanted me to start asap. Basically, I got out when I could. I don't even know if there was a bonus.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
What's a erosion bmp? Are you smart or something Doug?

Congrats on the new job.
Thanks.

I'm not smart, but I can tell people I'm a scientist.

Basically, keeping dirt from leaving job sites (roadways and railway construction) and getting into the wonderful mtn strams of western TN/eastern NC.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Thanks.

I'm not smart, but I can tell people I'm a scientist.

Basically, keeping dirt from leaving job sites (roadways and railway construction) and getting into the wonderful mtn strams of western TN/eastern NC.
i bet you get recruited all the time to build jumps?

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Lots of mountains in Memphis, TN and Wilmington, NC eh? :biggrin:
I had to go into the field right after I typed that, wondering the whole time if I had screwed that up. Again, today has been far to stressful for what its worth. One more to go. Unfortuntaly, I have to give back my beloved stihl 360pro.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
no....he just cases them :rofl: right Doug?:brows:

I had to put on a show for the guys comming from out of town.

But I haven't been active in the trail building much since college....I actually did a good bit back then. Hell, I even got 6hours credit for building a loop on Tanasi's system. Life's been a bit busy and such the past couple of years. Now I'm just older and slower. But this new career path may open up some more time and my office is right down the road from the local mtx playground.