Quantcast

Quick Spin

ezl_oo

Chimp
Jun 11, 2009
West New York, NJ
I took my bike out for a quick spin around the streets and was trying some wheelies and bunny hops and man these tricks are harder than they look. I couldn't wheely for more than 2 pedals, as I kept not bringing high enough or just falling off the back. I'm a pretty strong guy and go to the gym almost everyday and I felt so weak when trying to bunny hop. I couldn't get the bike to come up more than 2 inches...lol I have never been so discouraged about doing something new. :disgust1: I see videos of skinny guys who look like they can jump over ppl with their mountain bikes. :shocked: :wtf: I'm guessing that it's not all strength. Any pointers for me, I appreciate it?

Apr 14, 2002
Los Osos, California
For bunnyhopping, it made it easier for me to do it in a couple steps and then smooth it out with practice. first you rock back to pull your front wheel up hard and then you jump with your legs and at the same time pull your elbows up and push the handlebars up and forward and the rear wheel should come up. the timing is not easy, and it feels awkward at first but repetition is the father of learning. suddenly you'll feel it, and it will get easier and you wont have to think about each step so much as just doing the motion. this will not happen in a day or 2 though, it will feel funny for a while. but it gets WAY MORE FUN when you get the bunnyhop down.

ezl_oo

Chimp
Jun 11, 2009
West New York, NJ
For bunnyhopping, it made it easier for me to do it in a couple steps and then smooth it out with practice. first you rock back to pull your front wheel up hard and then you jump with your legs and at the same time pull your elbows up and push the handlebars up and forward and the rear wheel should come up. the timing is not easy, and it feels awkward at first but repetition is the father of learning. suddenly you'll feel it, and it will get easier and you wont have to think about each step so much as just doing the motion. this will not happen in a day or 2 though, it will feel funny for a while. but it gets WAY MORE FUN when you get the bunnyhop down.
Thanks for the great info!