Quantcast

Psylo XC Tuning Parameters

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by SuperJ
what you do is go out and buy a marzocchi fox or manitou. otherwise call rockshox
That's some pretty sad advice. There's not much that's more irritating than to ask advice and be given a completely useless suggestion.

RockShox don't use an open bath design where oil levels can be used to tune the fork. Same as Manitou.

If you're bottoming out too much, you need heavier springs. Technically, I believe the shim stacks can be re-configured but that's a pretty technical endeavour.

ATN

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Burke Mountain. BC
Originally posted by SuperJ
what you do is go out and buy a marzocchi fox or manitou. otherwise call rockshox
I just blew out an entire Marzocchi cartidge because the bolts they inluded with the brake mount (year 2000) fork are a millimeter or two too long... I wasnt even riding with the new adaptor. I put it on, knew that something was fishy, took it off, and put the old one on. The shaft bolt was pushed when the new moutn was on, causing catastrophic failure. Unexpected fork purchases make me broke... and I got a hella good deal on the Psylo (250 CAD NEW).

I'm not 100% sure I need a new spring, the plushness at the beginning is nice, but I'd prefer it to ramp up... I am 142 lbs without gear so the weight is correct for me, jsut maybe not my type of riding.

Would going to a heavier weight oil do anything except slow rebound down?

I will be doing an oil change within a week just to rid the system of the leftovers of brekaing it in....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yes, the heavier weight oil will slow down both compression and rebound... Depending on how willing you are to tear apart your fork and possibly screw it up, like I said, the shim stacks are user-rebuildable. You might be able to get a RockShox tech to walk you through the process over the phone.

ATN

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Burke Mountain. BC
I am going to be putting 10wt oil in there during the rebuild... hopefully that does something.

I don't want to mess with my shim stack at this time.