Quantcast

PSA: In Stock / On Sale

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Looks to be a good deal

So tempting as a backup to the Onyx's. I would have to find brake rotors though as centerlock. That would damn near kill the savings at current prices. Hmm...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So tempting as a backup to the Onyx's. I would have to find brake rotors though as centerlock. That would damn near kill the savings at current prices. Hmm...
Do you have any Canadian tire money or points?

Order some of these or similar through Sportchek and pay with the monopoly money :p

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I don't know about the DVO Jade... my Jade X was reliable, but the Jade I had was the least reliable product I've ever had. In fact, I think that it cost me more in shipping fees to DVO for warranty service and parts than I paid for it and I spent wayyy more time packing it for shipping than riding it. DVO guys have always been friendly and offered good customer service, but their QC control was shit and their bladders kept failing. The nail in the coffin was when they scratched my brand new shock body when they cut a sticker that was peeling off.

I sold my DVO shocks, only kept my Diamond since it was not worth selling it, and bought 2 Ohlins shocks and 2 Ohlins forks (on sale). Never going back to DVO whatever they do.

Between those two, I'd get the DHX, but if you're open to anything, look out for a used TTX22m.2. A bit more upfront, but they're supposed to be the most reliable and sturdy coil shocks on the market.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Yeah used ttx22m is what I’ve been looking for. No one seems to be selling a version 2 in 225 trunnion, I can always swap the bump stop can cup.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Damn...... front/back, rotors and bleed kit for 4hundy https://www.jensonusa.com/Magura-MT7-Pro-Kit
The germans often have the MT5 for like 60€ each and you can get a bleed kit at the same time for cheap. I even bought the Bruni levers from them for much cheaper than in the US/Canada. Every time I read about theMT7 the consensus is that they work the same as the MT5 but have less pad clearance (which is already not much on the MT5) so harder to keep drag free.