Quantcast

Prototype On-One Adventure Bike

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
Adventure Bike (AKA monster cross)
I have been testing the bike since mid summer.
Road, trail, gravel, and combos of all. Just change the tire/wheels as needed.
Have it setup with a hodge-podge of parts I had.
50/34 (compact road) x 11-32/34
Ultegra STI levers
BB7 Road brakes
On-One Midge bars

Trail trim
towel1_med.jpg

Road trim
ab_road2_sm.jpg

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
rather see what people who ride bikes want, rather than what 1 or 2 people holding insider-status within the tight circle of On-One are interested in fantasizing about.

something like a 29" version of the Ragley Blue Pig would be far better than this.

I think you've spent too much time on Poseurville (MTBR)'s 29er forum, where the vast majority are bike jewelry collectors, not riders... that's the only way I can see "monstercross" being a good idea.

of course if IMBA's "flow country" idea takes off, we'll all be able to ride 700c x 18 tires on what are supposed to be "mountain bike" trails... so maybe you know something we don't?

Last edited:

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
rather see what people who ride bikes want, rather than what 1 or 2 people holding insider-status within the tight circle of On-One are interested in fantasizing about.

something like a 29" version of the Ragley Blue Pig would be far better than this.

I think you've spent too much time on Poseurville (MTBR)'s 29er forum, where the vast majority are bike jewelry collectors, not riders... that's the only way I can see "monstercross" being a good idea.

of course if IMBA's "flow country" idea takes off, we'll all be able to ride 700c x 18 tires on what are supposed to be "mountain bike" trails... so maybe you know something we don't?
This is a bike I want to, and do, ride. It is not a big hit bike and never intended as such. There is far more to cycling than just downhilling. There are and will be other On-One models for that.

This is more the rally car than the Baja truck.

I have never used a 18mm tire if any sort, let alone on this bike. It can use a 20x2.0 rear and any 29" tire on the front.

Last edited:

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van

Somebody found cat poop in his cornflakes this morning.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Hey Shiggy, if you're looking for feedback, I'll just say that I've often wondered how any manufacturer could make much of a profit w/ a monstercross/adventure bike. I know there are folks out there who want just that (CDT racers and the like). But the trails I ride, both locally here in northern NM, as well as regular trips to CO & UT demand bigger tires and some squish to keep any speed up. And for anything else, it seems like a regular 'cross bike would make more sense. I understand your local conditions are different, but I can't help but wonder if that frame will really sell. I hope it does, only because I'd like On-One to continue to be a viable, innovative concern. Thanks for sharing it,
- Joe