Quantcast

Pronghorn Racing

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Those are kind of cool, but couldn't they get the same suspension effect with the shock just below the TT? Did they explain why they put it above?

shorty13

Chimp
Aug 21, 2008
yea actually, pronghorn does explain why they did this. According to their engineers it is more efficient and you don't lose quite as much power/energy with each pedal stroke.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's an interesting shock placement. I believe high shock location improves leverage ratios for single pivots, and while it certainly different to put a shock above the top tube, since this is a XC bike, standover is less critical. And I like being able to watch the shock in action.

But there is definitely too many numbers on the frame.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I really like the raw carbon and white color scheme - but yeah all the numbers are silly. It was pretty funny wandering around their booth trying to figure out if I was looking at a different bike with all the fricken numbers everywhere.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Did they do it like that just for the show so people could figure out chainstay length and crap like that just by looking at the frames? Or will they all come like that?

nakedmonkey

Chimp
Sep 28, 2008
Nope, those #'s are the 2008 graphics.
Frame comes in black w/white graphics, white w/white graphics, silver w/pink
graphics.