Quantcast

Progressive spring on Fox RC?

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
Will a progressive spring fit on an 03 fox RC?

Go-ride's website says the ID of the fox is 1.37 and the ID of the 5th is 1.4, so Im assuming it will fit, but i just wanted to check. THanks

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
ViolentVolante said:
no

Lets go over spring compatability

Works Together:

FoxRC, Old Stratos

DHX, Swinger
i've mounted a Swinger on a FoxRC but with centering it with some piano wire, and my FoxRC spring fits the DHX. Go-Ride said the DHX springs were bigger than the RCs, but i cant seem to tell the difference between the actual collars (i spaced the Swinger spring on the DHX as well).

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
drift1492 said:
Will a progressive spring fit on an 03 fox RC?

Go-ride's website says the ID of the fox is 1.37 and the ID of the 5th is 1.4, so Im assuming it will fit, but i just wanted to check. THanks

it will work

done it lotsa times, there is a tiny difference in body diameter but unless you plan on using a huge spring like a 700lbs on a 5th (cant see that happening) then you should be fine.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
ViolentVolante said:
thats because it didnt have the piggyback

yea exactly, lucs setup worked because he didnt have a piggyback where the spring would touch against, totally correct there don, only with certain very specific combinations of springs and with the longest fox body lengths (8,75 and 9") its possible to run an avy/romic/jefe spring on a fox and even then its really close to the piggyback body