Quantcast

Profile Nightmare

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I am having a b1tch of a time getting hold of a 19mm Profile Ti BB axle.

The NZ importer just quit being the importer, the only shop that might carry the damn thing has run out, and they are $256 to get from Oz.

Any of you :monkey: wanna help a brother out? Anyone got a second hand one they don't need? I'll pay good $$$.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The FSA one will work if you can get that one easier..
I heard that too, but... Have you actually tried it? Some random bike shop guy said that would not work, the sizes aren't quite perfect and it'll come loose.

I'd like to hear if any of you have done this cos that kinda sounds like BS to me.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ebay!! i scored one for $65 US..
Nice! I'm keeping an eye, so far I've just seen the hub axles except for the e-store $100 ones. Plus I must find a seller who will buy overseas.. I may end up just shipping from Dans or Empire dependant on who is nicer about oversees shipping...

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
I havent tried an FSA or Deity spindle in place of a profile... but, they all use a 48 spline that comes from the automotive industry, which I imagine would be standard. Im planning to order a second ti spindle for my p bike which runs deity cranks.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
FSA ti spindle works with profile cranks.
Deity does not, its off by a mm or something - this has been discussed to death.

get the FSA ti spindle, its lighter and cheaper.

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
I would guess either the tolerances are broad enough, and/or the material is soft enough for at least the appearance of compatibility between Profile and the fleet of Branded Asian Profile Copy Cranks on the market. The Mid BB bearings in the new Fall Guys are sized for a 3/4" spindle, but the 19's on the asian cranks don't seem to mind.