Quantcast

proffesional avid bleed kit

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
From the link you posted,

"In addition to ease of use, the new kit should be more durable as well with knurled steel fittings on the hose which rotate so that you no longer have to spin the whole syringe!

In addition to the beefed up fittings, the syringe also receives a complete overhaul with a must more durable and higher volume syringe body with replaceable seals and a new ergonomic plunger handle."

^^^ and the price are the differences.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Sounds good, the old bleed kits were a good idea, but they died pretty quickly (esp if they got regular use in a workshop) - don't think the plastic/rubber used in them liked the DOT fluid much.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Sounds good, the old bleed kits were a good idea, but they died pretty quickly (esp if they got regular use in a workshop) - don't think the plastic/rubber used in them liked the DOT fluid much.
What he said.

the rubber head the old syringes weren't very durable and over time wouldn't seal well, which made it hard to create proper vacuums. The new kit is much better and IMO makes it easier to suck/push bubbles out.

I've been using the same kind of syringes for a year now - I got mine for dirt cheap (they were on sale at some point for like $4) on this vet site: http://www.kvsupply.com/KVVet/productr.asp?pf_id=80046&gift=False&HSLB=False&mscssid=09E0F454EEBB45B4A65B6ECEC7C2F949

pajamas

Chimp
May 23, 2009
Been using the professional kit for a while now and it's simply better. It feels like a set of tools rather than flimsy hospital supplies.