Quantcast

Post your non-bike related photos...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's a photo collection/organizer program. google bought it, and it's freeware. download it and play around. it's got a few annoying things, but it's pretty good and the price is right.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
it's a photo collection/organizer program. google bought it, and it's freeware. download it and play around. it's got a few annoying things, but it's pretty good and the price is right.
I'm just curious, but how is it superior to a good file folder structure and Windows "Thumbnails" folder viewing option? I haven't used this program in particular, but all photo organization programs I've used have been simply another layer that can be done away with if you spend a couple minutes creating good file folder names & Windows thumbnails.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well it seems to load faster than windows does (which is what i had been doing), and there are some basic things you can do like rotate image, etc which can be done quickly. the export function is one of the best things about it, but i don't like that you can't rename the exported file. it keeps the same name, just puts it in a new folder. they are working on things all teh time though, so maybe that will be in the next release.

i liked the windows folders because that way i could easily track what pictures i'd already archived to cdr or dvd.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
derekpearson said:
i got a ton, heres the most recent. From friday night

hm, i guess rock stars can get that right on stage in front of everyone. interesting

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
well it seems to load faster than windows does (which is what i had been doing), and there are some basic things you can do like rotate image, etc which can be done quickly.
Cool.. I take a very minimalist approach to all of my computers. The fewer programs I load, the better - since I can't afford great hardware, I just make sure my hardware runs great :)

So if something doesn't offer significantly greater functionality over the programs I already have, I usually don't install it.

Thanks for the info...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
laura said:
arches NP
cool. bit hard to tell what's going on in that pic. here's my arches shot, which you commented on last time i posted it :D

biggins said:
a few of mine. i have too many to choose from that i like a lot
that grasshopper one is awesome! i dig the macro shots myself: --> this page has all of my macro shots collected <---

ito said:
A few of my favorites from 2004.

Climbing in Santa Cruz, Sunset over Knapps Castle in SB, and backpacking in New Zealand.

The Ito
nice shots, ryan! i'm especially keen on the last one attached :thumb:

anyway if you poke around http://tjclark.ath.cx/ a bit (start with the galleries on the right) you can see an obscene number of photos of mine.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Stosh, your last one is awesome, kind of haunting. JDcamb, like the colors in that shot, motion boy...where is that 3rd shot taken? T-pirate, that frog is too many colors!

The Ito