Quantcast

Post more ride picks

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
it's not really a pic, but a little movie clip from a trip to bootleg stiff and i took between xmas and new year's a few weeks back. we were too busy riding for 4 straight days to take ANY pictures and this was from some sessioning at the end of one of the days.

this is me hitting up the big jumps in the park and washing out going into the last jump in a poof of dust.

bootleg DJs

i miss DJing... i wish stuff would dry up around here.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Bearmntpicnic said:
yeah but rad picks on stuff around here so like ideas for places to go and what not. and I think a photo thread would be good
Done!

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
sirknight6 said:
Who’s going to do the trail maintenance at Wintergreen this season?
Dosen't look like it will be Corby since he is no longer there! I guess they will hire a couple of 16 yr olds who have no idea what they will be doing!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Bearmntpicnic said:
haha yes me and matt are those sixteen year olds who will have no idea what we are doing
yeah, but to be sixteen again....:p

I'm just trying to get a bit of infomation on the current state of events as far as the next season goes. So if your doing the trail work, great, but...please have an idea....:p

:D

thanks for the update! :thumb:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Bearmntpicnic said:
haha yes me and matt are those sixteen year olds who will have no idea what we are doing

Actually, if you two are in charge of the Wintergreen trails, then I think averyone else who will ride up there will be alright! :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
Actually, if you two are in charge of the Wintergreen trails, then I think averyone else who will ride up there will be alright! :thumb:
Wait, I've seen you ride....:eek:

[edit: I've seen me ride...:eek:]

:p :D

Cool. I may be able to pitch in a little as well.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
BUCKET said:
What happen to Corby?

Corby got fired after not showing up for about 2 weeks! He rolled his car on the way to work the day we had all that ice. He totaled his car, split his lip and after that he was too freaked out to make the drive up there, so they gave him the BOOT!

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
So does anyone know if Kevin Parker and Jason still have anything to do with Out of Bounds and the mountain biking program at WG?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Msisle Dad said:
here's a funny one. Morgan when he was 13. Please note the protective gear. Something that is missing these days.
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA i don't even see morgan wearing gloves these days.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
First: To SK6, I have seen you ride and believe me you ride just fine Sir..... just fine! :thumb:
Second: It looks like I am going to have to ante up and buy a season pass to Snowshoe! :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
First: To SK6, I have seen you ride and believe me you ride just fine Sir..... just fine! :thumb:
Second: It looks like I am going to have to ante up and buy a season pass to Snowshoe! :D
Thanks for you're vote of confidence! Of course, you were after all drugged! :p

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
sirknight6 said:
Thanks for you're vote of confidence! Of course, you were after all drugged! :p

HAHAHAHAHHA! You got me there! But from what I remember, which isn't much, you were rocking off a couple of drops!

And wait till you see me ride after I shoot heroin ( I bounce off of everything!).

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
sirknight6 said:
How much is a season pass at Snowshoe?
I think it was $249 last year, but if you volunteered 24 hours of trail work then it was free. If you can spend 24 hours in the woods with Kalan then you should get a free pass!!!

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
do you know if there are any jobs that a 16 year old can get on snowshoe mountain where they could stay there like all summer working?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
CHOP said:
I think it was $249 last year, but if you volunteered 24 hours of trail work then it was free. If you can spend 24 hours in the woods with Kalan then you should get a free pass!!!
yeah, you got that right! LOL!!!!

Seriously though, I'd laugh myself to death!

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
bballboy388 said:
do you know if there are any jobs that a 16 year old can get on snowshoe mountain where they could stay there like all summer working?
At 16, I doubt it. Unless you can come up with a legal guardian over 18 to live with you. I'm pretty sure everyone who lived up there and worked last summer lived off of the resort. No employee housing, I believe. Mobius could answer these better though.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
I'll be 17 in july lol.hmm i wonder if i could just live up there with some one that was 18 and get like my parents signature or something.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
Bearmntpicnic they should let you biuld new things but probibly only after they feel that you can take care of the current trials that are on the monutian first. if the trails were to be like last year then i thing at first keeping the old trail good will be alot of work. also for those who have not ridden wintergreen give the place a shot its a fun of fun. not too tech not too easy just plain old fun. also the thing i like about the trials at WG are that they have flow that i just have not found at snowshoe yet.