Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by thruster
I might be up to riding leadbetter on saturday around 4:00 ish. or maybe jones creek.
is jones creek similar? i'm up for either, even if jones creek is full on xc :D

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
Jones creek is motorcycle trails all downhill lots of fun. I am more up to riding leadbetter because it is closer to me and we would get more runs in but if we have enough people that want to go that can shuttle then I am game, proably only be able to ge two or three runs in if we start at 3 or 4 ish.

Heh gunslingger can you ride on saturday afternoon or are you p***y whip still:D ?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Toshi
<yawns, stretches>

so leadbetter it is then?
actually i'm not going to go. haven't heard back from anyone about today, and still feel under the weather from last night. :dead: but i WILL be at the truck stop (exit 17, i-84!) tomorrow at 10:30 am. cell phone is (509) 771-0827 for those planning on going.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm still in for PC, I'll be at the truck stop before 10:30 so I'll see everyone there! (or just Toshi)

Chris- Maybe we'll see you up there? My cell , and toshi posted his so you can hopefully get a hold of us. Hope to see you up there.

Last edited:

edo-chan

Chimp
Aug 9, 2002
sunny Gresham
Hey, just wondering if I can get some info on the Zoo trails. Where are they in relation to the MAX stop by the zoo? I haven't been on that side of the city for a long time, so I can't picture the area. Sounds fun if I can ride the train, bike, ride the train, bike...

I'm in Troutdale, kinda close to a station, it'd be a nice to know where to go. Also, anyone know of any fun riding in the Troutdale area?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by zane
I'm still in for PC, I'll be at the truck stop before 10:30 so I'll see everyone there! (or just Toshi)
nice riding with you guys. my neighbor john (on the xc hardtail :D) managed to bend his bars? or stem? or frame? or fork? or something, in any case, on the drop trail, high ball? ehhe i am full of question sin this post. anyway, 'twas a good day of riding :cool:

and i, too, would be interested in the lowdown on this zoo trail. also, does anyone know of intermediate (4 ft or so) dirt jumps closer to downtown than beaverton?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by gorgechris
Hey guys, sorry I missed ya'. Had planned on getting to PC, but the day got started a bit later than we had hoped. How were the trail conditions?
the trails were in beautiful condition. the mud is finally starting to dry up :thumb:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
PC was awesome, I also realized how out-of-shape I was pushing my bike back up some of those hills. I'm a little sore and my back wheel is now bent but it was fun as hell. I'll definitely go back to ride.
It's pretty cool that we met up with that Chris guy and his wife to shuttle, that helped out a lot.

scriz

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
What's up Toshi, Zane and whomever else was at Post Canyon yesterday. Good ridin' with you all. I'm the dude on the white Bullit with the broken derailleur :( Those trails were totally sick! lots to work on this season. BTW, did anyone get Seth's number? He said he was going to leave it on my truck but I didn't see it. Anyway, I'm in SE portland and hopefully will be riding a few days a week so I'll keep tabs on this thread. I'd love to find some local spot to practice jumping too... I've got a little something going in my back yard so I'll post some pics when I finish.

cheers,
Ben

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Ben, you should check out the jumps out at 172nd and Powell.. Turn South onto 172nd and pull in next to the recycling center. You'll see a gate with a lil roll in on the right that leads into a big open feild... Ride in and look to your right. You'll find what your lookin for.

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Originally posted by scriz
What's up Toshi, Zane and whomever else was at Post Canyon yesterday. Good ridin' with you all. I'm the dude on the white Bullit with the broken derailleur :( Those trails were totally sick! lots to work on this season. BTW, did anyone get Seth's number? He said he was going to leave it on my truck but I didn't see it. Anyway, I'm in SE portland and hopefully will be riding a few days a week so I'll keep tabs on this thread. I'd love to find some local spot to practice jumping too... I've got a little something going in my back yard so I'll post some pics when I finish.

cheers,
Ben
Woo-hoo, now PDX monkey!! Right on!!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by gunslingger
well kinda, enough so that i have free time to ride. who is up this week?
Originally posted by Mallet
Anyone riding today, tomorrow, or wednesday?
YES! Finally, people can ride during the week!

Has the stuff at camas been plowed yet? If not, I'd like to check that place out one day this week..... Sound good to anyone else?

Also, there's some cool stuff that's been recently built at discovery- some more drops & jumps, a cool spiral ladder, and a narrow teeter. That place is fun for a short session (short because you get tired of pushing your bike back up the hill just to hit something).

Okay, I'm busy today (and my bike needs some TLC) but any other day this week would be good.

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by zane
YES! Finally, people can ride during the week!

Has the stuff at camas been plowed yet? If not, I'd like to check that place out one day this week..... Sound good to anyone else?

Also, there's some cool stuff that's been recently built at discovery- some more drops & jumps, a cool spiral ladder, and a narrow teeter. That place is fun for a short session (short because you get tired of pushing your bike back up the hill just to hit something).

Okay, I'm busy today (and my bike needs some TLC) but any other day this week would be good.
how about tomorrow? I can be out there around 6 or earlierif i bring my bike to work. So someone built stuff? Sounds good.

Chuck maybe we could do Camas thursday afternoon.

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by gunslingger
how about tomorrow? I can be out there around 6 or earlierif i bring my bike to work. So someone built stuff? Sounds good.

Chuck maybe we could do Camas thursday afternoon.
I haven't met any of you guys yet because I'm just starting to ride again, but I'm available thru wedsnesday. So wassup?????

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Im new to this board but ive met a few of the riders on here. Im one of the guys who has been building some of the stuff on the discovery trail that zane was talking about. I'm up for riding any day this week except for thursday if anyone wants to hit some local stuff in the afternoon.

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by eknomf
Im new to this board but ive met a few of the riders on here. Im one of the guys who has been building some of the stuff on the discovery trail that zane was talking about. I'm up for riding any day this week except for thursday if anyone wants to hit some local stuff in the afternoon.
Gunslingger, this thread is awesome! We just keep on piling on local riders! Nice job.

Welcome, eknomf!

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by Chuckwagon
gunslingger-
sounds good. give me a call.

I was thinking about riding wildcat saturday or sunday...but Im up for wherever people are going.
We're hitting PC on Thursday, too, if anyone is interested. We'll start at 5:30 - 6:00, so any interested PDX monkeys can make it.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I've got to true up my wheel and add some oil to my fork, but after that I'll be good to go. Um, hmmm.... I'll try to get to that after school today and maybe this evening I'll be able to ride.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Originally posted by gorgechris
Gunslingger, this thread is awesome! We just keep on piling on local riders! Nice job.

Welcome, eknomf!
yeah, this thread's great...if we could all round up one of these weekends, we'd have a bloody HUGE crew eh...anyone riding PC this weekend? I'm hoping the rain's not gonna come back, I'd like to hit that great stuff in the dry, the intro to GP is just NOT fun to me in the wet...Scrig, welcome, always great to see another Portland rider eh...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Get_Some
anyone riding PC this weekend?
i'll be out there this weekend, too. :D how does another weekend of camas/pc sound?

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Toshi, that sounds killer, I'm gonna be ahggard from work this week, but I'm just itching to hit that **** RIGHT NOW....I've gotta stop an annoying creak in my BB, and I'm ready to rock...I'll bring the trailer this time, the Jetta didn't like the road up to the top of PC :D

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
that is defintiely not a good road for a car, especially if it is wet.......

have you guys hit that jump/drop things that is in three parts? I saw a pic of it buthave never seen it in person. it is a take off, a top round landing then a landing drop kinda thing.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Yeah, it was really rouhg, and My Jetta's low and stiff...not a good combo eh :D

I don't know if we saw that drop... :confused: where abouts is it? we saw some of the builders building a great new trail with some good big drops... good construction all around...

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
nope, not me...this is Dave...Red Norco 4x4...stacked the Ledbetters Road-Gap...I've never been to the Disco trail, I thought you were refering to a trail at PC...my bad :D

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Has anyone been to Leadbetters recently? If so, what kind of shape is it in. I cant do Thursday, but a Sat. in Camas and a Sunday at PC sounds fun.
Chuck, I take it your not headin to PA?