Quantcast

Portable Phones

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody have a suggestion on a portable home phone?
Ours took a crap because it's about 10yrs old. I'm looking for one of the deals where you get 2 phones with one main base and a second recharging stand.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've got one I'll send you if you pay the postage. I got sick of paying 2 phone bills so it's just sitting around. It's a Panasonice something or other.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I just got a 3 handset Uniden phone from Costco, it's 5.8GHz and doesn't work to bad. I think we paid either $125 or $150 for the set. To bad they are no longer made but the old AT&T analog phones from about 15 years ago were the best I've ever used. Just a little big.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I've got one I'll send you if you pay the postage. I got sick of paying 2 phone bills so it's just sitting around. It's a Panasonice something or other.
Is it any good?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
I just got a 3 handset Uniden phone from Costco, it's 5.8GHz and doesn't work to bad. I think we paid either $125 or $150 for the set. To bad they are no longer made but the old AT&T analog phones from about 15 years ago were the best I've ever used. Just a little big.
yeah thats kind of what I'm looking at but I don't feel like spending $150 on a set. I was thinking more like $50

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
stosh said:
Anybody have a suggestion on a portable home phone?
Ours took a crap because it's about 10yrs old. I'm looking for one of the deals where you get 2 phones with one main base and a second recharging stand.
I dont have a home phone anymore because I have a cell and only n eed it. However, I use to swear by the GE phones. I once dropped one down a flight of 20 stairs at my apartment building in college and when I went down to retrieve it the dude was still on the phone. Anyway, they are indestructable... the phone I am talking about is still in working order nearly 10 years later.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
I've always liked the VTech phones. Mine has been dropped in the pool at least twice and once it dried out it kept working. I'm like others, the landline phone is about to get dropped now that I have reliable service for the cell.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
andym said:
I've always liked the VTech phones. Mine has been dropped in the pool at least twice and once it dried out it kept working. I'm like others, the landline phone is about to get dropped now that I have reliable service for the cell.
LOL, my daughter dropped one of our Vtechs in the bathtub and it died.