Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Had my pre-op today. I'm clear for surgery. They'll be using a hamstring tendon. I have slight LCL and MCL tears that will not require surgery, and I have a slight minuscus tear they'll need to put stitches in. Man, I really focked that knee up pretty bad.

Got to go get five presciptions filled: Percocet, Oxycotin, Motrin, some anti-inflammatory drug (only four pills), and some anti-nausea patch. I also ordered an AirCast Cold Therapy device (not covered by insurance, of course).

The PA said to plan on taking two weeks off from work, and I won't be riding a bicycle for three months.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had my pre-op today. I'm clear for surgery. They'll be using a hamstring tendon. I have slight LCL and MCL tears that will not require surgery, and I have a slight minuscus tear they'll need to put stitches in. Man, I really focked that knee up pretty bad.

Got to go get five presciptions filled: Percocet, Oxycotin, Motrin, some anti-inflammatory drug (only four pills), and some anti-nausea patch. I also ordered an AirCast Cold Therapy device (not covered by insurance, of course).

The PA said to plan on taking two weeks off from work, and I won't be riding a bicycle for three months.
Best of luck Babs. Two weeks sounds like a long time? What anti inflamitory did they give you?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Best of luck Babs. Two weeks sounds like a long time? What anti inflamitory did they give you?
Thanks!

Not sure what drug it is. The paperwork is out in the car. It's only four pills to be used over two days. I'm going to be all sorts of loopy...Oxycotin and Percocet?

The guy said to plan on missing two weeks but I can return sooner if I am bouncing back quickly. Fortunately I have a separate time off bank for things like this and it won't hit my personal time bank.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

:( Heal up IAB!!! Think on the bright side...if you don't take the drugs, you can sell them and pay for your AirCast device ;)

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good luck. I hope you enjoyed your last poop. With all those meds, it's gonna be a while before you do it again...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Make sure they mark the knee they're going to work on with a big "X" before you get knocked out...

Don't want a mixup...

"Ohhhhhhhhh... YOUR left!"

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good luck man. I know the time off the bike will suck, but you can look forward to tons of great Summer and Fall riding ahead. You'll be back before you know it.

KonaKruiser

Chimp
Apr 29, 2009
Candler, NC
I had double knee surgery a year and a half ago mainly from doing tile work for 12 and a half years, plus mountain biking on top of that. Be patient, and don't rush your injury. I'm sorry to hear this, and you'll be back in no time. See you on the trail we call life !!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Surgery is done and I am now recovering. It was an intersting morning. I got there at 8:00 and they promptly checked me in. They hooked me up to the heart machine and plugged an IV into me (medicine and water). My resting heart rate was 52. Not bad! I spoke to about four nurses, once of which shaved my leg. I changed in my hospital robe and special socks. I then spoke to the anaethesiologist (sp?). He gave me two nerve injections to numb my leg, but doped me up with some kind of "relaxer"...I'm telling you, 30 seconds after that drug, I was all sorts of loopy (much toe the wife's amusement) and barely felt the needles. The doc came in to check on me and declared me good to go. He confirmed to me that I am in excellent health, but I told im I'd like to lose a few ponds.

I was then rolled into the operating room. Still being drugged up on the relaxer, I made that comment in the OR upon seeing the instruments, "Boy, that's a lot of toys you've got there." They put the gas mask over my mouth and I was out within five breaths. When I woke up, I remembered exactly where I was thanks to the pain and discomfort in my leg. They sent me home after about 15 minutes, and now I sit in bed recovering.

I'm hungry.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Glad it's over for ya.

I hope you got the pills. Don't wait til it starts to hurt. Just stay on schedule. You don't want to let it lapse and learn the hard way.

He gave me two nerve injections to numb my leg, but doped me up with some kind of "relaxer"...I'm telling you, 30 seconds after that drug, I was all sorts of loopy (much toe the wife's amusement) and barely felt the needles.
FYI IAB works in the hospital payroll department...... so the fun started when he started to ask the doctor and nurse if they were baystate employees...... - LMAO and then asked if he could have his leftover chinese food for lunch. :crazy:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Here's to hoping you have a quick recovery IAB! At least you have the Sox/Yanks to watch tonight if you can stay awake.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Surgery is done and I am now recovering. It was an intersting morning. I got there at 8:00 and they promptly checked me in. They hooked me up to the heart machine and plugged an IV into me (medicine and water). My resting heart rate was 52. Not bad! I spoke to about four nurses, once of which shaved my leg. I changed in my hospital robe and special socks. I then spoke to the anaethesiologist (sp?). He gave me two nerve injections to numb my leg, but doped me up with some kind of "relaxer"...I'm telling you, 30 seconds after that drug, I was all sorts of loopy (much toe the wife's amusement) and barely felt the needles. The doc came in to check on me and declared me good to go. He confirmed to me that I am in excellent health, but I told im I'd like to lose a few ponds.

I was then rolled into the operating room. Still being drugged up on the relaxer, I made that comment in the OR upon seeing the instruments, "Boy, that's a lot of toys you've got there." They put the gas mask over my mouth and I was out within five breaths. When I woke up, I remembered exactly where I was thanks to the pain and discomfort in my leg. They sent me home after about 15 minutes, and now I sit in bed recovering.

I'm hungry.
heal up quick, and da peach's advice on not getting behind on pain meds is good. when do they have you starting PT?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
heal up quick, and da peach's advice on not getting behind on pain meds is good. when do they have you starting PT?
I cannot agree with you guys more. Staying on top of the meds is key. Take the next dose before you start feeling pain.

Also, be serious with the PT. I know they started mine 3 weeks after the surgery. Take it slow and do exactly what they say.

Heal up quick man!

:cheers: