Quantcast

Please help with Sprocket/chainwheel

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Building up my new DJ/street bike and the sprocket I was sent was bent. It came with a bash that is still in fine shape, and I'd rather not buy a new one.
LBS is trying to get me to buy sprocket/chainwheel's that are 60+ bucks.

I'm not real knowledgeable in this area, so suggest me a new ring.

Needs to fit 19mm spindle
I don't think I'm too hard on rings so thickness isn't a big issue prob. at least 5mm thick.
36T
Looking for 5 bolt 110BCD (to mount the bash guard on) Cranks are profiles without the spider, so they must also have the hole to mount directly to the chainwheel.
Price is kinda important...

Sorry if I was unclear, thanks for your help
Brad

rvlacich

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
Maryland, USA
I thought I saw a few on Danscomp, so I checked it out.
Here's one: Kink OG Chainwheel

It's not too expensive. It doesn't say that it's for 19mm, but it looks like it. I guess you can call them, because if it's for 22mm, you can get an adaptor (shim) that should only be a few bucks.

If you're thinking that you want a narrower chain to use gears, then e13 is the way to go. I think it costs more, so it's probably not what you want: Crown Chainwheel

On a side note, that stem you sold me a long time ago is doing well on my Steelhead!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I am on my second kink og chainwheel, and once it wears out I will probably buy a 3rd. Actually my first OG is still in good condition, I just wanted to change my gearing, so I dropped from a 36t to a 33t. They are very nice chainwheels, and they are super cheap at danscomp.com

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
rvlacich said:
I thought I saw a few on Danscomp, so I checked it out.
Here's one: Kink OG Chainwheel

It's not too expensive. It doesn't say that it's for 19mm, but it looks like it. I guess you can call them, because if it's for 22mm, you can get an adaptor (shim) that should only be a few bucks.

If you're thinking that you want a narrower chain to use gears, then e13 is the way to go. I think it costs more, so it's probably not what you want: Crown Chainwheel

On a side note, that stem you sold me a long time ago is doing well on my Steelhead!
Cool! I'm glad that all worked out. Thanks for the helpful reply. Anyone have any experience with the Poverty bikes Econoline? Looks pretty identical to the that came with the bike.

rvlacich

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
Maryland, USA
I've never used it, but it looks ok. Again, I can't tell if it's 22mm or 19mm, so I'd call before ordering. I can't seem to find the adapter on danscomp either.