Quantcast

Please,dont laugh

smithyM1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
Ok,im running an e-13 on my nice new iron horse sunday,im running it with saint cranks and all is well apart from the fact i keep dropping my frickin chain!!ive set it up just as instructed on the website but the chain keeps jumping off and getting trapped between the chainring and bash gaurd,it only seems to happen when im pedaling.ive got 1 thick spacer and a slightly thinner spacer between the frame mount and back plate,at first it had 2 thick spacers but the upper slider was touching the chain slightly which i thought might be the root of my problems,obviously not...

Any ideas?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Also, what size chainring is your bashguard sized for?

For instance, You can fit a 36t on the STS even though e13 says it will only fit a 34. However, over rough terrain, you will drop the chain.

Are you running a DRS or a SRS?

smithyM1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
im running a 42tooth chainring and its an SRS device.there seems to be a rather large gap between the ring and outer plate,i reckon about 7-8mm-way larger than my old mrp,i dont understand why!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Doesn't suond like the guides fault. Hmmm yeah you need to shorten the gap between the bass guard and the ring. That is one probelm I have never incountered with any chainguide system I have had. Regarding teh gap between the bash guard and the ring.

Interesting.

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
buildyourown said:
Also, what size chainring is your bashguard sized for?

For instance, You can fit a 36t on the STS even though e13 says it will only fit a 34. However, over rough terrain, you will drop the chain.

Are you running a DRS or a SRS?
The STS guide was intended for use with a 36t max chainring.

smithyM1 said:
im running a 42tooth chainring and its an SRS device.there seems to be a rather large gap between the ring and outer plate,i reckon about 7-8mm-way larger than my old mrp,i dont understand why!
There is supposed to be a larger gap than many other syetems. It is that overlap with the upper slider that enables chain retention. If you do not have that overlap, then you'll have big problems.