Quantcast

PICTURE TIME: Post your DH rig

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
seismic said:
looks really nice, but does this carbon stuff hold up ?
it means do a search on ride monkey and you can read all you want on how they hold up.

i have been on my bike b/f this for 4 years. it is still fine i just needed a new model.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Here --

I know it's old, but no cracks and seems to be holding up to what I can do to it. Cool thing is if it ever breaks, then I get to buy something else! Man I love getting new stuff. :thumb:

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Tully said:
I love that Azonic Recoil--I very nearly bought one, but I got more of a freeride bike instead.
Thanks man, I really like it. I actuayl just got my rear shock back yesterday with a nice re-valve and a Ti coil. Soooo nice. ;) Here's the parts spec.

RECOIL:

frame-2004 medium azonic recoil black w/ Ti bolt kit throughout
fork- 2003 boxxer team w/ romic crown and full Ti bolt kit
hdst- king black with headlock and carbon spacers
bar- sic race 26" 1.5" rise
grips- odi ruffian mx w/ alloy odi end plugs
shifter- sram rocket 9spd trigger Ti bolt
derr- 2004 10spd dura-ace
chain- sram pc-89r
chainring- e13 guide ring 36t
guide- e13 sts w/ Ti and Al hardware
cranks- middleburn rs7 black 170mm isis 4-bolt 104bcd
bb- fsa platinum pro Ti 73x113 isis w/ Al crank bolts
pedals- wellgo mg-1
cassette- ultegra 12-27
post- thomson 31.6
seat- selle italia slr gel flow
brakes- 2004 hayes mag plus Ti hardware & carbon levers
ft hub- chris king 32h iso 20mm black
rr hub- hadley 150x12 Ti freehub body black 32h
spokes- wheelsmith cb 14/15 silver stainless
nips- dt 16mm brass silver
rims- mavic (old d3.1/new ex823)
tires- michelin comp 16 2.5"

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
There's a lot of titanium weight saving going on with your rig. Now, how much does it weigh???? How much did you spend upgrading to all that titanium too?

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
lonewolfe said:
There's a lot of titanium weight saving going on with your rig. Now, how much does it weigh???? How much did you spend upgrading to all that titanium too?
I actually haven't weighed it yet. I have some excellent friends and connections in various industries as well as some personal ties, so I didn't spend too much at all on getting my bike pretty well dialed.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Sandwich said:
not to nag, but those stickers make that beautiful bike look cheap. :blah: I think turner could do better...makes the bike look a little too walmartish. pretty though
Please lets not start another Turner Sticker debate! I know some people don’t like it, but I personally LOVE the decal kit and really don't think it's makes it look walmartish. :thumb:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Tully said:
V-10's just might be the most pimpin' bikes around. Tony, do you race, or only freeride?
Mostly Freeride but I'm starting to race, I'll be doibgn it more next season though since I'll have my license and parents wont have to drag me around to all of them.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
mtnbkr4235 said:
Here is my V-10. Mmmm....gold...:drool:
Gold, Yes gold is the shizzit!
You need to dump that sorry silver Shiver and get a bling bling gold fork!
I'll do you a favor and trade you my gold Stratos Superstar8 straight across for that weak ass Shiver. :thumb:

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
HEY BRO!

THAT'S A NICE RIDE! SO, HOW IS IT? I THINK A FEW OF US WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THE OPINION FROM SOMEONE OTHER THAT A GUY FROM GO-RIDE. THOSE GUYS ARE GREAT TO DEAL WITH AND ALL BUT YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON I'VE SEEN POSTING A PICTURE OF ONE OF THESE BIKES THAT ISN'T FROM GO-RIDE. GIVE US THE SCOOP!!!! :evil:

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Hey, thanks man.

The bike is very good - and pure racing bred. It does corner like mad, you can seriously push the bike down in corners. You'll notice the stiffness in the rear triangle as well. The floater is def worth it, as the suspension is noticably active during braking. At least worth it for me :) I am coming from a bighit with the beaudry/avalance kit and it remains as active.

The bike is well balanced and low in the front, which at least FEELS a lot faster. Stable at speed.

The romic feels good, not as good as the avy but lighter and feels more active. When the funds allow it, I might switch ;)

It sits deep in the travel and the first 3" are very soft, so I am not as comfortable jumping it yet. I am sure it'll come. It's not a bigdrop bike either, but I am sure it can take a pretty hefty beating.

What I don't like:
- Paintjob not very good for a 2200dollar frame. Rubs of easily, feels thin.
- Wire/hose guides not good. Two different routes everywhere. I want it fairly clean.
- Not reamed for a CK steelset, when they face the HT they could easily ream it deeper too :)

And dude, the engineering and machining going on around the lower shock area is damn cool. I catch myself just staring at it :p

Trond

Attachments