Quantcast

personal perfection (warning- strange bike)

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
thought i'd abuse RM with pics of what needs not be changed. if anyone's looking for a perfect custom segmented rigid fork (had it built to be very similar to the ride height of a 29er RS REBA in 80mm mode), there isnt a place further to look than waltworks. oh man- good guy to work with!

oh- new wheelset and boone chainring. so nice.

addition: yes, the bike is a freak: paint is opposite (shouldnt the bike be black with orange flames?) 29er, 33:21 (thats not normal), 180mm crnaks, rigid, and then to top it off, something as tech as hydro brakes? wow. oh well- she rides like a dream, and its perfection for me.

Attachments

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Meant to say that this is a cool bike earlier. Nice job. I like the attention to detail. Anyone yet ask what it weighs?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Rigid is sweet. I'm going to weld my own rigid SS steel mountain bike pretty soon. I just can't decide if I should go 29'er.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
spincrazy said:
Meant to say that this is a cool bike earlier. Nice job. I like the attention to detail. Anyone yet ask what it weighs?

23 lbs.

oh- the boone chainring attaches via a spline, kinda like last generation XTR. but different- the "teeth" on the spline are more rounded, versus the square-ish ones that shimano does.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
boone cogs and rings rock. Brett, I believe is the guy that does all the machining, really knows what he's doing. I picked up a few different sized cogs a year or so ago. Fit and finish is amazing.

Great looking bike too! I'm diggin' the whole rigid 29er ss thing...

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Mr Tiles said:
boone cogs and rings rock. Brett, I believe is the guy that does all the machining, really knows what he's doing. I picked up a few different sized cogs a year or so ago. Fit and finish is amazing.

Great looking bike too! I'm diggin' the whole rigid 29er ss thing...
hi, my name's Ethan and I'm a boone addict.

(i just picked up a 18t boone for next weeks oregon trip)