Quantcast

Pedals - Wellgo MG-1 or Shimano DX MX-30 flats ?

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
Anyone using either of these got any opinions which is the better pedal
out of these 2 choices ?

Wellgo MG-1 or Shimano DX MX-30 flats

Thanks in advance

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Well, both suck! Wellgos can't keep pins for the life of them and DXs have the grip of a plastic pedal.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. Tioga MX Pro. For like $60 you get a sealed, light, durable, grippy, sexy, good-concaved pedal with extra pin holes in case some get torn out or for more custom grip options.

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
thanks for your help
looks like i'll be looking for something else
abit more durable and grippy

thanks again

cheers

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Well let me say when you do smack stuff they will come out. I had a set with about 50% of the original pins in a few months, if that many months and pins.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i have the DX's and the pin length isnt an issue. they come with long and shorts. longs are perfect and shorts are, well short. I run the shorts in the middle and longs around the edges. its not like you cant go out and get longer pins either.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
mg-1's rock ass. the shearing pins is just part of their charm. super light & grippy as a pedal needs to be. i have a couple sets that i rotate through. a couple minutes with a handfull of set screws & a dab of jb weld & they're good to go (the jb'd screws seem to be alot more durable as well).

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I have a three year old pair if MG1s with a fair few pins replaced with screws,they are mag after all,they're also virtually the lightest pedal also,obviously this is a bad mix for smashing into rocks,however having said that my origonal pair are still goig strong now on my hardtail. The new pair I have that are about four months old seem to be stronger possibly a different alloy mix,the new peddals have been smashed heaps and suprisingly no pin losses. Not the absoloute best possible shape but good enough.