Quantcast

Paul McCartney @ Fenway [photos]

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/paul-mccartney-fenway-park-pics/

this was a tough shoot...approximately six minutes in total, situated about 220' from the stage and at the same level as the fans in front of me. i'm pretty satisfied w/ the shots but think i could do better, as i've never shot a big lens w/ a monopod before and i'd try a couple of things differently next time.

unfortunately i didn't get to see anything outside of 'drive my car' and 'jet,' but heard 'something' and 'band on the run' clear as day outside the park.

when we were waiting out on the sidewalk @ landsdowne st before getting let into the park, Sox owner John Henry walked by us and into the park w/ his new trophy wife.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Did you happen to notice any Red Sox players in the dugout? Because apparently they forgot to show up in Tampa the last two nights.

Nice pics!! I assume the people sitting around outside were listening to the music and not waiting for home run balls?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Did you happen to notice any Red Sox players in the dugout? Because apparently they forgot to show up in Tampa the last two nights.
:rofl: in a sad way.

Nice pics!! I assume the people sitting around outside were listening to the music and not waiting for home run balls?
much cheaper, no visuals but the sound was pretty good. there were actually quite a bit of people around outside.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Great work! (<as always)

With additional appreciation for the image of the child with the headphones.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
good shots....a shot with his grey matter blown out the back of his head and all over the drummers face.....yeah...i'd buy that print.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nice photos.
was the crowd a total yuppie fest, cuz i bet tix were mucho $$?
there were people there who looked like they hadn't seen live music in decades.

field tickets with the 'service charge' included were $226. at least that's what the guy in front of me said he paid and he showed me his ticket. you saw how far back i was, right? ouch.

Call it even?
:thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ROFL @ The Beatles overrated.
i've never paid for their music and wouldn't be bothered trying to steal it over the internet. never have been a fan....nothing is going to change that.

i loathe the rolling stones but would take them over the beatles.

once again....nice shots narlus....given the time you had to work with and it being your first time using that bazooka lense.