Quantcast

park conditions

wICK

Chimp
Mar 25, 2007
Hey guys ,
i'm may drive down from Montreal to ride the park this week-end.
can anyone give me an idea of the condition of the trails?
looks like sunny day for Saturday and Sunday.

also , do any of you know a hotel/motel not to far from the park that's not to expensive?

thanks a lot

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
well with the rain we got yesterday and with the rest of the week predicted to have on/off showers I would say the trails should be in nice shape. Hopefully we get some more rain later in the week so they aren't as dusty as they were last weekend.

There is a Days Inn about 2 miles from Diablo that might be a little cheaper then the one right on the mountain:
http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/check_avail?brandCode=DI,MQ,HJ,KG,RA,SE,TL,BU&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=vernon&stateName=New Jersey&state=NJ&countryName=United States&country=US&checkInDate=10/10&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=10/11&numberChildren=0&rateName=Best Avail&rate=000&smoking=any&bed=any&promotionCode=&corporateCode=&iataNumber=&id=07097&propBrandId=DI&force_nostay=false

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
lots of rain last night, trails will have some rain damage by saturday afternoon they will all start getting dusty. if there is no more rain this week.

wICK

Chimp
Mar 25, 2007
ok , thanks , will probably go then.
anyone here riding there this week-end?
never been there , what should i ride that's flowy , not to gnarly that would be fun on a 6-6 bike (Giant Reing X1 whit 66 upfront) ?
i would love to get some local input and tips ,
thanks guys

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
your bike will be fine, you will be able to hit anything that is at your skill level with no problem. take it easy the first few runs down just so you get a feel for what is in front of you, and look for the lazy bums at the bottom of the lift and ask them to show you around. you will have fun.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Yeah, no problems with your bike at all. I ride a non-X Reign 0 and have taken it down just about every trail on the mountain.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
ok , thanks , will probably go then.
anyone here riding there this week-end?
never been there , what should i ride that's flowy , not to gnarly that would be fun on a 6-6 bike (Giant Reing X1 whit 66 upfront) ?
i would love to get some local input and tips ,
thanks guys
What day/days are you planning on riding? I'm going to go one day this weekend (maybe both), and I wouldn't mind showing you around. PM me if you'd like.

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
I heard from 1 of the lift operators today and she told me that the lift will most likely not be operating this weekend. There is something wrong with it and they are calling in someone to fix it...
But double check and give Diablo a call

wICK

Chimp
Mar 25, 2007
ok thanks for the imput guys.
i will give them a call before doing 6 hours behind the wheel.
i would ride Saturday if i go.
why the DH tubes? square rocks?

ok thanks for the imput guys.
i will give them a call before doing 6 hours behind the wheel.
i would ride Saturday if i go.
why the DH tubes? square rocks?
Lucky, takes me 10 hours. Twice as far as snowshoe, but more then twice as good as snowshoe.

The Days Inn is a good economical place to stay, it's clean and they let you bring your bike to your room

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I heard from 1 of the lift operators today and she told me that the lift will most likely not be operating this weekend. There is something wrong with it and they are calling in someone to fix it...

Sean? ..... anyone?...... Bueller? ..... Bueller?

Say it ain't so.... :(

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
square rocks?
Square rocks, round rocks, triangle shaped rocks, big rocks, small, rocks, medium rocks, rocks that look like dirt type rocks, dagger shaped rocks, rocks that sit on top of rocks, rocks that will assasinate you, crack rocks, every type of rock imaginable, but in the end they are all fun rocks. Oh yea, def bring DH tubes.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
they should have it ready by this weekend. I hope?? if not you down to go to plattekill or hunter craig??

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Platty is expecting over 400 riders this weekend as it's the GES finale. As of right now they only have one lift open. A word to the wise... Don't come unless you're racing.

You'll be taking up space on the lift from the racers and wasting their time and you'll prolly only get in 5 runs if you're lucky. The course if I understand correctly is going to start on the double side and end on the triple. In other words, the majority of the mtn will be in use.

If creek is open, it would be a good weekend to hit it considering a good portion will be at Platty.

Hope to have saved you some trouble, EC

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Please be advise that Diablo WILL be open this weekend. The dedicated Lift Technicians at Mountain Creek were running diagnostic tests earlier this week and any limiting technical issues that may have existed, have been repaired and tested. The trails are in great shape and as always, NO lift lines! See you at Diablo!