Quantcast

P2 2005 & maxxis hookworm 2.5

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yes, they will fit the frame, unless you're doing a lot of stair gaps go for the HolyRollers instead. Maybe a Hookworm in the rear and a HolyRoller up front.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
I was thinking in an arrow launch combination with the hookworm....how about the arrow launch?any comments??cheers!!

Dec 21, 2004
Burlington, CT
im not sure if they will fit on a p.2, because i'm told that i cant get 2.5" for the rear cuz of the frame geometry. You can definitly get one up front with the proper fork though

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
i've got an '03 p2 frame and my hookworms fit with plenty of clearance. they work great for street, and very hard packed jumps, but anything else: :stosh: . for strictly street, i love my hookworms

i suggest a street tire like arrow launch, kenda k-rad, maxxis holyroller, etc. for the front. that's what i'm looking at doing for the front

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
losttrailsfound said:
im not sure if they will fit on a p.2, because i'm told that i cant get 2.5" for the rear cuz of the frame geometry. You can definitly get one up front with the proper fork though
i think that has to do with most tires that have knobs. hookworms are slicks so they don't have cornering knobs that stick out, and are thinner than most other 2.5's because of that.

Dec 21, 2004
Burlington, CT
InsaneP2Rider said:
i think that has to do with most tires that have knobs. hookworms are slicks so they don't have cornering knobs that stick out, and are thinner than most other 2.5's because of that.
yeah you probally are right... if you want some grip id go for the holy rollers. Im runnin 2.35 maxxis minions and they work like a dream.... so maybe try those too