Quantcast

Our new Family Member.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Meet Charlie

He is a four year old Corgi Mix we rescued from the local animal shelter, not very trained when we got him, but he learns very fast, House training a 4 year old pup has been the fun part. He is cool, little hyper, but an absolute love sponge.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, he already broke your arm! I'd put that bastard down before he eats neighborhood babies!

Congrats, good looking pup.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
finally you post a pic of your new dog and it's kick ass that you saved his life by picking him up from a shelter . hows he getting along with your other dog akita ?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
finally you post a pic of your new dog and it's kick ass that you saved his life by picking him up from a shelter . hows he getting along with your other dog Keida ?
They get along great, we actually had to take Keida up to the shelter to make sure they got along before we could pick him up.

Long day... I'm too tired to make that better...

Ha, funny part about that, My older dog is on daily meds for her knees.

Sweet, you have a lowered dog:thumb:

That was the first thing I thought when I saw him.

Too cute!

You sure he's not four months?
Yeah he is four years, he was an owner surrender so they had a history of the first time he was at a vet. Sad part about it was......They didnt volunarily surrender him, so he is a bit nervous at first, and when you make sudden moves. He does very well with teh Kennel though.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
3 things....
what a cute pup!
love sponge?! eewwwwwww

well....no. I was wrong. just 2 things.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
**** me...... Im in a piss poor mood now. Looks like Charlei is going to have to be put down.

Over the course of thre days he has gone totally blind in the right eye, and has the same thing happening to the left. Some type of ulcer formed on the cornia which basically drilled a hole down into the eye, killing off the nerve inside of it. This came along with a sudden infection behind the eyes.

****ty part is that Doc cant tell us which came first, nor a root cause. Hardest part for me is bringing it up with the family, and being the one that has to say it...... If he does go totally blind, its not a matter of what we wnat to do, but what we should do.

This ****ing blows.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Its part of having dogs, ****ty part is you usually get to have them more than a yeear or two when something like this happens.

Its even worse when you cant get a real answer as to why....... List is..
1, infection from whatever caused the ulcers
2, ulcers from whatever caused the infection
3, genetic
4, hereditary
5, something from the breed itself
6, first stages of diabetes

owentking

Chimp
Mar 28, 2010
Mountains of Rock
I'm sorry. Thats hard. I know where youre coming from. I had to put down my cat after only having him for a week. My cat basically had a prolapsed stomach. Similar situation, they couldn't tell me what caused it. Sorry for your loss. Hes a cute pup. Even with the fact that you have to put him down rep for you for giving him a good loving home at the end.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea I feel your pain Mike. To add my recent experience with this, we had a dog named Pete. He was a damned good dog. One day we noticed this wierd rash on his back, a day later it had doubled in size. It started bleeding and we took him to the vet. Had to get his whole back shaved that day and go on meds. A week later he came home with knarly lacerations all over his back end. We think he was attacked by a coyote or a couple of coyotes. That trip to the vet was 30+ stitches and more meds. 4 days later he was sleeping on the carport (drug induced maybe?!) and my dad backed out of the garage and killed him. It was fvcked!

Take it easy

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Well as of now he isnt gettign worse, but he isnt getting better.

Fell down the stairs yesterday when he couldnt see the steps.
The ulcer in his eye is getting bigger, it seems for me thaqt he can see, but he is in soo much pain he keeps his eye shutmost of the day.......
The infection is messing with his smell and hearing as well............

worst part of this right now is waiting for his appointment to come up on friday to find out if he can see at all, smell at all, or hear.