Quantcast

Our desktop turned sideways!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
No seriously,
I get back from lunch, and my father has somehow turned our entire desktop sideways. All of the icons, toolbar and the center "gateway" logo are all sideways. I have tried everything to get it back.
Any ideas?
I am typing this with the monitor sideways right now.:twitch:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You can swap orientation in case you want to actually twist your monitor sideways. It'll be in your display drivers advanced settings - for NVIDIA, right click desktop, click properties/settings/advanced, go to the tab for your video card (GeForce <something>) and look for the NVRotate section.

I don't know where it is for ATI drivers.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
You can swap orientation in case you want to actually twist your monitor sideways. It'll be in your display drivers advanced settings - for NVIDIA, right click desktop, click properties/settings/advanced, go to the tab for your video card (GeForce <something>) and look for the NVRotate section.

I don't know where it is for ATI drivers.
thanks, BV, I wasn't sure what to do after clicking advanced.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I had a viewsonic monitor that would rotate like that, all you had to do was grab one corner and push up on it and the monitor would rotate on the base. I'm assuming that's what happened to you but there must be some kind of latch on your monitor that keeps it in place, maybe look for an owners manual and see if there are any hints there. Otherwise start removing screws, that always helps.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Um, I think he means the desktop is displaying sideways, not the monitor is actually rotated sideways.