Quantcast

Orange 223

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
Ok well the wheel and the brakes rocked up today, so happy, built it all up and went for a ride at the park round some trees, gotta play with the vivid a little to get it right but damm it felt stable cornering. Cant wait to take it out on a proper ride.
Got an LG-1 in the mail at the moment hopefully on next week.
big shout out to the guys from dropnzone, were great helps with this, great rpices and really friendly and helpful. also to jason from sicklines for the brakes!

Frame: Orange 223
Rear shock : Rock Shox Vivid
Front shock/fork : Rock Shox Totem
Handlebars: Deity Dirty Thirty
Stem: Straitline
Headset: Chris King
Grips: ODI Ruffian
Saddle: SDG Fly
Seatpost: SDG i-beam
Front brake Ultimate levers on Code Caliper with HEL lines
Rear brake Ultimate levers on Code Caliper with HEL lines
Cranks: Husselfelt
Chainguide: MRP
Chain: Shimano xt
Pedals: Mallet cs
Rear derailleur: Sram x-7
Rear shifter: Sram x-7
Cassette: Ultegra
Front hub: Ringle
Front rim: Mavic 721
Rear hub: Ringle Abaah
Rear rim: DT-swiss ex5.1d

Last edited:

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Looks good, but you might want to sort out your front brake cable routing a bit more so that it isn't begging to be ripped. I find it works a bit better with the rear brake if you let it cross the headtube before you route it back so that it doesn't take as sharp of a bend, but I guess it is personal preference. Nice bike.

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
wats wrong with the rims? ive run a ex5.1d on a short travel dh bike and went fine. i weigh 70kg, so not a massive stress on them. had a bad expereince?

oh yeh and the cable routing is **** atm, just bulit the bike up this afternoon fairly rushed so i could have a test then get back to assignemnts. its fairly sorted at the moment with afew cable ties, will get all the cabling properly sorted tomorro with more zipties and tube etc.

Last edited:

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
I was about to say take the floater off cos' there s**te but where have your brake mounts gone!? Nice build, youll probably smash your rim in half but you can always replace it when that happens with somthing like an ex721, oh and the cranks are a only good as a boat anchor but im sure youll upgrade in your own time. other than that looks spot on for a 223 dont see many around anymore concidering they used to be common as over here. howd the weigt come out?

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
dammn, not something i wanted to hear. well worst chase ill just go to a 721 like the front. i was meant to get one, but they were out of stock