Quantcast

Opinions on Avid Elixir CR's

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I'm running Juicy 7's currently and am thinking about new brakes. Are the Elixir CR's a better brake than the Juicy's? Anybody else made the same move and are you happy you did?

Thanks!

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I've recently set up 4 guys bikes with the Elixirs and all of them have been thrilled that they made the switch.

One in particular was riding a set of Juicys on his old DH bike and switched to the Elixir R V2(adjustable banjo at the caliper) and loves them.
One guy switched from the '08 XT's to Elixir CR's and found the power and modulation to be awesome.
The other's switched from Codes and Saints and found the Elixir CR's to be an awesome choice.

I'm currently riding Juicy Carbons and will be ordering a set of Elixir R V2's for myself. I don't want the pad contact adjust, the R's are lighter and I'll be swapping in a set of carbon blades to bring the weight down as well. Cheaper, lighter, same performance as the CR's.

Bottom line is that they are an awesome brake.

-Kevin

Dean W

Chimp
Nov 26, 2008
I had run Juicy 7's for the past 2 years (carbons and 7's on my 3 bikes) and I just got a set of Elixir CRs on my DH bike and love them. More power and better modulation than the Juicys plus the Elixirs are lighter as well.

It is totally worth the upgrade to go from Juicys to Elixirs and the pad contact adjustment of the CRs is also well worth the minor extra cost.

They look dead sexy as well.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I have Juicy 7's on my trail bike, and they work fine, but I'm so glad I put the Elixir CR's on my big bike. They're outstanding. 8"/6".