Quantcast

Opening day at Bromont

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
auntesther said:
Has anyone seen an official date? I keep checking their website but cannot seem to find it.
They had better be open the last weekend in May because that's when I'm heading up. Based on the lack of snow that I saw driving through that area a few weeks ago, I would guess that their normal May opening won't be a problem. We could see the mountain from the highway and it didn't look like there was too much snow at all. I'm sure Transcend can probably confirm of deny this.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
just found it on their site...MAY 6TH opening day

for some odd reason, you have to view the site in french in order to see the " velo" page..then you can switch to english.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
The tracks are rideable since at least 3 weeks. I've been riding them and there's no snow but there's some mud (nothing to be all dirty) in the holes.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
How long does it take you massholes to get up there? I think I'm gonna have to add this to my list of places to hit this summer.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Lex said:
They had better be open the last weekend in May because that's when I'm heading up. Based on the lack of snow that I saw driving through that area a few weeks ago, I would guess that their normal May opening won't be a problem. We could see the mountain from the highway and it didn't look like there was too much snow at all. I'm sure Transcend can probably confirm of deny this.

What !! I just drove by Bromont today and there is lots of snow left, looks like you could go skiiing if you wanted. Of course there is always more snow on the ski trails due to all that snowmaking over the winter.
However temperatures are on the rise and we should be OK for the opening in early May.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
DIRTWRKS said:
What !! I just drove by Bromont today and there is lots of snow left, looks like you could go skiiing if you wanted. Of course there is always more snow on the ski trails due to all that snowmaking over the winter.
However temperatures are on the rise and we should be OK for the opening in early May.
It will be OK, there's not even a snow flake left in the woods

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
DIRTWRKS said:
I'm sure there is still snow on the ski trails, but I doubt the woods has anything. My in-laws just got to town from Quebec City and told me that the whole Bromont area seems pretty snow free.