Quantcast

One of my best friends is home

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
And thusly condemned by the Haganah, **** happens in war, especially with a non regular unit in a rag tag largely non regular militia. There were many factors in Palestinians leaving, but something like 125 innocent people getting killed would not be the direct cause of some 700 thousand people leaving.
Historians now say that Israeli military attacks was the most likely reason for the exodus.

Yes, it was condemned, but that doesn't mean that the tragedies of war didn't spurn the exodus. I don't think anyone besides the Israeli far right say that the cause was the Arabs telling them to leave.

Deir Yassin was one of the worst tragedies, and the story of it had a major part in the exodus.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Historians now say that Israeli military attacks was the most likely reason for the exodus.

Yes, it was condemned, but that doesn't mean that the tragedies of war didn't spurn the exodus. I don't think anyone besides the Israeli far right say that the cause was the Arabs telling them to leave.

Deir Yassin was one of the worst tragedies, and the story of it had a major part in the exodus.
Am I part of the Israeli far right?

And propaganda put forth by the Arab community totally didn't ignite panic, leading up to and after the event. It is also a proven fact that the Palestinians were told to leave by the Arab world. BOTH sides are responsible, BOTH sides behavior has been atrocious, and BOTH sides need to step up and change.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You're right I am perfect. Especially when issues are brought up that I have quite a bit of knowledge in and have several friends (like 6 right now) currently serving in the Israeli army

asshat
See? I told you guys, he is perfect. I know people who work at Arbys...anyone want a sammich?

And I dont stoop to directly insulting someone I dont know from Adam.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have quite a fee friends that have served in the US army too. They have no idea why the US is still in Iraq and Afghanistan...
Nor do I, or any of the folks I serve with, other than the reasons served up by Washington. Best answer is that the shoe stinks, we made it stink, and if we pull our collective foot out, it will continue to stink, and prolly get worse...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well at least Israel wants peace...
Israel obliterated symbols of Hamas power on the third day of what the defense minister described Monday as a "war to the bitter end," striking next to the Hamas premier's home, and devastating a security compound and a university building.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
If you are thinking of Volunteering/civic duty to another Country , Israeli, rather than your own first , then Yes you are!
Again I said it before and I will say it again, I will be more than happy to serve my country if they stop fighting in illegal wars for profit, or if there was a REAL threat to national security. I feel just as obligated so Israel as the United States. Though I do disagree with much of what Israel does and know they commit all kinds of war crimes, it is on an entirely different scale with entirely different motives. I am also pretty religious and do believe in my god given right to live in the holy land. Though I am also more than happy to share the land with Muslims and Christians. I would also not have a problem with Arab or Christian rule if I actually thought Jews could continue to immigrate there, were aloud total freedom and practicing Judaism and if the Muslims would stop destroying the inside of the temple mount along with other Jewish holy and historic sites.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
hey montashu, is your buddy going back, i.e., re-activated?

Lebanese militants fire rockets at Israel
Lebanese militants fired at least three rockets into Israel early Thursday, threatening to open a new front for the Jewish state as it pushed forward with a bloody offensive in the Gaza Strip that has killed nearly 700 people.

Two people were lightly injured, and the rockets that exploded in Israel's north raised the specter of renewed hostilities with Hezbollah, just 2 1/2 years after Israel battled the guerrilla group to a 34-day stalemate. Hezbollah started the 2006 war as Israel was battling Palestinian militants in Gaza.
and about this:
Lebanese militants fired at least three rockets into Israel early Thursday, threatening to open a new front for the Jewish state as it pushed forward with a bloody offensive in the Gaza Strip that has killed nearly 700 people.

Two people were lightly injured, and the rockets that exploded in Israel's north raised the specter of renewed hostilities with Hezbollah, just 2 1/2 years after Israel battled the guerrilla group to a 34-day stalemate. Hezbollah started the 2006 war as Israel was battling Palestinian militants in Gaza.
since this was suspected to be from the hands of a palestinian splinter group - and not from any level of recognized government - would this then not be a "war crime", and just an event requiring police action?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
hey montashu, is your buddy going back, i.e., re-activated?

Lebanese militants fire rockets at Israeland about this:since this was suspected to be from the hands of a palestinian splinter group - and not from any level of recognized government - would this then not be a "war crime", and just an event requiring police action?
This, that was a nice thing to wake up to. I have no idea who is going where right now (i get get bits and pieces of info) but I have several friends in the IDF right now, and several more that are a couple years out and still in reserve. The point I'm at right now is just not wanting to see any one get hurt or killed.