Quantcast

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> we hired a network guru from Microsoft that had an impressive background. About 2 months in, he got sick and never got better. Not only that, but he never even wrote a single line of code.
I'm amazed that people expected a network guy to write code. :D

my first year of college in rochester NY we got 6" of snow the first week of may
We had a BBQ with friends when the kids were tiny and got something like that the last week of May. People were not amused.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm amazed that people expected a network guy to write code. :D
Well, somebody has to write the network stack because it ain't gonna write itself (yet). Time Sensitive Networking is the new buzz word and we seem to be the ones who care enough to actually try.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In other news, the loud ass neighbor has put the house up for sale. What's interesting is they haven't taken any of the shit that clutters the porch out or taken down the pallet not quite American flags (less than 50 stars AND only 10 stripes, good effort). They had a professional photographer there yesterday with a car in front of the garage on jack stands. It's listed for just under $500k.

A couple weeks ago he went on a rampage, the cops came and looked him up. Another neighbor got him out, so he was trying to call out the neighbor he thought called the cops on him at like 2am. I had told him a few days later that it could have been anyone in a 10 house radius who called since we could all hear his drunk ass. Now the house is for sale.

:popcorn:

Screenshot_20240403-082752.png

<edit> they came back to retake the front picture. :rofl:

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
In other news, the loud ass neighbor has put the house up for sale. What's interesting is they haven't taken any of the shit that clutters the porch out or taken down the pallet not quite American flags (less than 50 stars AND only 10 stripes, good effort). They had a professional photographer there yesterday with a car in front of the garage on jack stands. It's listed for just under $500k.

A couple weeks ago he went on a rampage, the cops came and looked him up. Another neighbor got him out, so he was trying to call out the neighbor he thought called the cops on him at like 2am. I had told him a few days later that it could have been anyone in a 10 house radius who called since we could all hear his drunk ass. Now the house is for sale.

:popcorn:

View attachment 209869

<edit> they came back to retake the front picture. :rofl:
jesus, dude could have at least washed the siding

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dude season 1 of Westworld is some of the best TV I've seen. It all goes to shit with the n----s though. (spoiler)
yeah, I watched all 4 seasons. 1 was the best, just written and pulled off so well. I watched season 1 twice, in fact, and it's just rife with foreshadowing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I haven't watched any of that. finally watched Westworld last year, if that gives you an idea of my media latency
My friend and former downtown neighbor from the 90s got his big acting break with the role of Kizzy (I think) in the pilot episode. Unfortunately he died of cancer shortly afterwards. RIP Eddie Rouse.

IMG_3120.jpeg

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Has anyone watched 3 Body Problem on netflix? I'm hooked..
Read the books.
Tried the original Chinese series on Amazon but it's like 40+ episodes and subtitled and slow and it broke me.
Just getting around to the Nefflix series this week. The book trilogy was something else. Curious to see what they do with it because it can't try to do what the original Chinese series did which was follow the books to the pinyin. First episode seems promising though.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Read the books.
Tried the original Chinese series on Amazon but it's like 40+ episodes and subtitled and slow and it broke me.
Just getting around to the Nefflix series this week. The book trilogy was something else. Curious to see what they do with it because it can't try to do what the original Chinese series did which was follow the books to the pinyin. First episode seems promising though.
Maybe it just didn't translate well, but I'm actually kind of surprised I finished them. Most of the concepts were cool as shit, but my goodness was some of the dialog/interaction between characters, I dunno, stiff. Like, pretty much no character was interesting for very long, and certainly not terribly memorable.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Maybe it just didn't translate well, but I'm actually kind of surprised I finished them. Most of the concepts were cool as shit, but my goodness was some of the dialog/interaction between characters, I dunno, stiff. Like, pretty much no character was interesting for very long, and certainly not terribly memorable.
Definitely don't watch the original Chinese series. Imagine reading it all over while being overacted onscreen

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
No complaints, live in constant state of pain and used to it..doesn't bother me... When I can't go out and say "hold my beer, watch this" as I proceed to kick Murphy in the nuts...then I may have some issues...but till then sickness, pain, bullshit and and assholes can all kiss my ass...this is my ride and were going to ride the hell out of it...